chapter 18

"YOU LOST"

"i know Chloe"

"I can't believe I'm saying this.. but I kind of feel guilty for taking your spotlight today."

"Oh.. kags don't think like that"

"Melody are you... Okay?"

"Huh? Ohh. Well, not really."

They all looked so surprised. As if expecting an "I'm fine"

"Guys, I'm not fine. Not fine at all! I lost.." I said, facing the ground. My hands, they were shaking.

"But" I said looking all of them in the eye. I smiled.

"I may not be fine, but it's gonna be okay! It's not like I expected to win. Everything can't go perfectly. This is the reality we are talking about here. Not some fanfiction!" I explained. It's the truth. Not everything could go smoothly and.. I've embraced that.

Their faces showed signs of astoundment and admiration.
I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh.
Alas, I'm not the right person to be looked upon but I'm.. trying. I'm trying to be a better role model. Not just as ladybug.. but as marinette too.

 but as marinette too

All these personas.. they are not just made to anger and expose lie-la. They are also supposed to give me the happiness, I barely got as marinette. But now.. after this. All of them will be one. Ofc, ladybug is an expection..
After this last reveal, maybe the marinette inside me will finally be happy.

"AYO" shadowy started again "MDC, THE WORLDWIDE FAMOUS DESIGNER, IS FINALLY GOING TO REVEAL WHO SHE IS. Y'ALL READY!?" the whole crowd cheered

"ALRIGHTY! LET THE FASHION SHOW BEGIN!"

Time flew.

That's all I can say.

I'm standing on this stage, all alone. The fashion show long ended.
Being blinded by cameras for the third time in the day, isn't the most refreshing feeling, I kid you not.

"SUP MDC!" shadowy gave me a toothy grin. Obviously sensing my tention
Give this woman a raise.

I took a deep breath and pretended to go lift up my mask. I didn't do that, of course.

The audience went ballistic. Come on guys.. I'm waiting for y'all to calm down.

Finally, some wise lady got the idea and spread the word to stay quiet ( bless her soul )
After like 15 minutes, the hall was finally pin drop silent.
I unconsciously looked at Damian and Fei. The guy with glasses gazed directly towards me. I held in a heartbeat.
But..
To my surprise
He smiled warmly.

It was so sweet.. no doubt, Damian is actually hanging out with him. He is literally best friend material, I can feel it.

Now, back to the.. eh, you know what