chapter 17

Interesting...
It's honestly a wonder that lie-la and her sheep haven't come banging at my door.

"LET US IN, MARINETTE!"

jinxed it

"WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE"

The voice was muffled, the security is probably holding them back.

"I told you. We should have asked for more bodyguards!" Chloe groaned.
Sighing, I mouthed an apology. I thought, two or three guards would be enough. Oh.. how wrong i was.
Kim, Alix and Ivan still exist.
"I'll deal with them!" Someone chirped. Fei.

"Ah, you don't have to", Luka said.

"Oh, I have to." She argued, pointedly. "My brother is with them. I'm not Letting him suffer."

Brother..?
Oh yeah, Damian.

I smiled, Fei never had a good family to depend on. My uncle took her in, but he never completely was there for her. Managing his resteraunt and all

I let her be.
I hope Damian isn't too harsh.

"Mari-hime" I looked at Kagami, wearing her signature red sparring suit. "We're going to be late." She reminded me gently. Nodding my head, I walked towards the changing area, attached to the corner of the room

I quickly changed into my sparring suit, completely forgetting about tikki's existence ( the poor soul, just wanted to wish Mari good luck )

"Welp, I guess I gotta go" Fei said standing up from the beanbag, she was sitting on "someone gotta silence those kids" she continued, jeering towards the door.

Quickly opening the door. Fei was met with lots of voices. Slipping my mask on, I went with kagami totally ignoring the tantrum going on behind me

"HEY! HEY!, ARE YOU NETTIE AND KAGAMI?"

"GET BACK HERE! WE WANT YOUR HELP TO GET INSIDE!"

"YEAH, WHY WAS MARINETTE WITH YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE THO!?"

smirking, I became deaf to my screaming classmates. If only they knew~

"SUP PEEPS!" shadowy shouted. My poor eardrums-
"YOU SEE THESE TWO! YEP! THEY ARE THE MOST WELL KNOWN PRODIGIES OF THE FENCING WORLD!"

"First is.." she begin, waiting for kagami to walk forward and give a toothy grin to the audience. Pfft-

"Uh.. uh KAGAMI TSURUGI " she faultered.
Damn I feel bad.
"WELL- MOVING ON! we have this green beauty with us" she pointed to me. "Only a few things are known about her! Her love for hamsters and coffee being one of them"

A loud whistle was heard from the audience

Tim oh my god

Not bothering to hear more of her commentary, I diverted my thoughts ( why must you bully me ;-; ) 'green beauty' she said. The colour green would usually remind me of chat noir who so happened to be Adrien, but when I was making the outfit, my mind drifted to another pair of green eyes, which somehow led me to design a green suit. It was perfect, the pattern, the hue of colour. For weeks I thought I took inspiration from plagg's eyes but I now realize it was Damian's eyes..
Blushing, I adjusted my mask.

"Alright, positions" shadowy announced. Oh god- I wasn't paying attention.
I quickly nodded and positioned myself perfectly.
Kagami is an amazing fencer, there's no denying that... Alright, this will be over in a few minutes!

~~~

"Eek!" I whisper-shouted, landing on my knees.

"KAGAMI TSURUGI WON!" shadowy stated.

I heard cheers
I heard applause
I.. heard laughter..?
Oh- yeah. The sheep. Guess, they don't take it kindly when a celebrity ignores them.
I shrugged, how likely of them, laughing at someone's loss.

Scoffing, I searched for Damian. He was talking with a boy...
That's new! He's not someone I know from school. Fei's with them too.

"Soooooo, Nettie! Would you reveal your identity now?" Shadowy said, excitedly.

"Uhh yeah, here ya go" I smoothly slipped the mask off my face and let it loosely hang on my fingertips.

Silence

That was- expected. They just witnessed a fencer reveal their identity who so happened to be the same face behind a certain vocalist.
"Before anyone questions anything, let me explain" I said. "I'm Marinette as you all know.. hehe. I'm also Nettie AND Melody. That's pretty obvious though..." I spoke in one breath. Those endless arguements with Chat payed of.

The crowd was going crazy- that too was expected. Man, I feel like I'll break them after I announce that I'm MDC. Oh well... back to the exposing part.

"Hey everyone" I said monotonously copying kagami's way of speaking. ( Who raised her eyebrow )

"Let me tell you a story" I said. The audience were at the edge of their seats. Nettie is the most secretive of all of my personas. Even hearing me recite a story is exciting in its own way. Waiting for the people to quiet down, I once again glanced at Damian he was paying attention to me this time but I was able to steal a quick look. He's with a black haired guy, definitely someone with glasses. Hmmm max? No- the hair style was different..
Kagami nudged me, making me realize I had a story to recite

"Oh yeah. Well.." I closed my eyes and thought about my parents and their support to get strength.

"Once upon a time, there lived a ladybug. She was almost best friends with everyone. Everyone adored and loved her..... that was until a certain fox came."
I started slowly walking to the stairs that lead to the centre of the crowd. I began once again "Everyone cooed over how nice and cute the fox was. She wanted to get to know the fox, but it turned out the fox was manipulative and evil."

I heard some kids gasping around me, oh how pure.. if only they knew, the real world is actually like this.

"Slowly her friends the turtle, the pig, the tiger and many more left her for the fox"
I continued, now near the akuma class.

"And do you know what's ironic?" I asked in the same voice, I begin with. The people shook their heads

"The ladybug's best friend was a fox herself.. and she left the quickest." I said, smiling serenely.

"Now.. what did we learn from this story?" I said, and faced kagami.

She looked lost for a second and then gently spoke

"That"

I took a step ahead

"Foxes"

I was now directly standing in front of the akuma class. They all were confused and angry

"Can't"

I looked at Lila and alya

"Be"

I took their hands

"Trusted"

Everyone's eyes widened knowing what is coming next.

"That's right! Foxes can't be trusted. These two here are great examples!" I said, giving everyone a close eyed smile