Blue & Grey (Final)

y/n pov

I slowly moved my feet towards my door. In a way excited to see him again and in a way very nervous as well

What was he doing here?

He stared at me as I approached, it was honestly difficult to read his expression. It wasn't angry nor happy.

     'Taehyung, what are you doing here?' I asked and I noticed that my tone expressed my nervosity as well  

       'I uh wanted to talk to you'

My heart was beating rapidly against my chest. It was the undeniable effect his presence had on me.

I still didn't have any clue what he wanted to talk about. He could be here to tell me we were completely over, that I shouldn't contact him anymore. Or he perhaps wanted to talk things through. 

        'uhm do you want to come in?' I suggested as it seemed a sensical thing to do, especially considering the fact I didn't know what he came to say. I mean if he would break it all off I'd definitely cry and I wasn't interested in having the neighbors as spectators to that.

        'sure' he stated formally, but I could sense a bit of nerves in his voice

We entered my apartment and silently stared at each other. Both waiting for the other to say something.

      'You want tea?' I asked eventually but in response taehyung shook his head and he reached inside the jacket of his suit. He took out this folded piece of paper and sighed.

He stepped closer and handed it to me. His hand was trembling a bit.

      'read it' he commanded 

While going over the lines he had written so beautifully, tears started to form in my eyes

While going over the lines he had written so beautifully, tears started to form in my eyes. until some ran down my cheek.

I was at a loss of words

       'This is beautiful Taehyung.' I eventually let out, because it was.

I also understood why he seemed nervous and why his hand was trembling. It was a really deep and personal song. It was him exposing such an intimate part of himself, and we talked a lot the past six months but he never told me that he has ever felt this way before.

He came closer and wiped the tears from my cheeks. He took a deep breath before speaking. 

       'Yoongi told me about what happened with your ex.. I just don't understand why you didn't tell me that. I wrote this song about week before we met, and I think you can see how I was feeling at that time. When you so surprisingly walked into my life something changed.

You gave something that I needed so much. A person that saw me for who I was and not for my money. Who interacted with me not for my money. You understand me on a level that I haven't experienced with someone else. and I honestly was happy. You were the angel I was writing about.'

He sighed

     'You made me want to be a better man. so when I found out about your dad I just wanted to do something for you. I never thought it would be a way to set the terms of our relationship, that you would be indebted in any way'

      'Because when I think of it, I felt indebted to you because you gave me something I wanted so badly but that I indeed couldn't buy with money.

I truly didn't mean to offend you, and if you still want to break up then I will accept that, even though I really think we shouldn't, but please don't refuse my payment for your fathers care.
You once said that if you love someone you want the best for that person, and I love you and I don't want you to set aside your dreams because you need to pay those bills.'

I stared at him and without any hesitation I hugged him, the side of my face on his chest, tears streaming down my face again. Partly out of sadness but also out of happiness.

       'I don't want to break up' I sobbed, it was the opposite, I wanted to hold on to him like this forever.

       'I am so sorry.. It's just I heard you that time we had dinner at your parents, your mom talked about marriage and then this payment and I guess I just got reminded so much. and after giving up my dream and almost losing father the last time that happened, I'd rather have no hope at all.' I continued.

Taehyung caressed my back while I kind of let it all out.

      'I understand that y/n, and if I had known that about your ex I wouldn't have carelessly done this. so please, if we want to make this work, no more secrets.'

       'I promise' I said still hugging him tightly 

      'Can you promise me something else as well?' he asked and I looked up to look him in the eyes

        'Can you promise me that you'll try to accept my help? You find it natural that you pay everything for your father yet you think I would expect something from you in return if I help you?'

I stepped back and sighed, I knew he was right and I needed to understand that an action of a single person doesn't define that of others.

I loved Taehyung, and foremost I trusted him so I wouldn't give this up. I nodded my head and looked him decisively in the eyes.

       'I promise'