Don't Give Up

Taehyung pov

23 hours earlier

I looked at the clock on my laptop which indicated it was already past nine. Ever since the breakup I put all my time in work, as if it was a way not to think about y/n. It didn't always work though, she was always there in my mind. I missed her and I really hoped that feeling would soon pass, I mean how long can you miss a person after they dumped you like that?

"This whole thing is a mistake"

I sighed deeply again and stared outside my window into the city lights that covered Seoul.

I could rightly admit I hadn't experienced these feelings before. It was as if there was an emptiness in my mind and a continuous pain in my chest.

like It hurts to breathe. And my mind kept pondering to why so sudden, how could she end things without a warning? It sparked this staggering sentiment that I just wasn't good enough, otherwise it had been more difficult for her, right? 

There were moments it seemed I was feeling a bit better but that was often of short duration as something around me would remind me of her, her smile, her sarcasm, her presence and I was back at square one. There were evenings I wished she was suddenly knocking on my door, just to see a glimpse of her.

But if she truly loved me, why did she leave me?

I was so lost in my thoughts when suddenly the door of my office opened and that guy from the bar barged in.

Yoongi, the friend.

     'What are you doing here?' I asked in incomprehension

      'I needed to speak to you so I called and your assistant indicated you were still here.'

       'oh and why do you need to speak to me?' I shrugged annoyed. 

I don't know why but the guy had this effect on me that made me instantly irritated.

Okay I did know why.

      'Don't give up on y/n.'

The words escaped his lips without any hesitation,

     'She made it clear she wanted to break up and quite frankly I am starting to think that wasn't a bad idea considering how she reacted to what I did.' I answered still tense.

Yoongi sighed,

     'She had a reason to react the way that she did.'

I looked up curious, as it seemed he came all the way to tell me. He took a deep breath before explaining the whole thing. 

'She dated a guy a couple years ago, he was a bit older than her but she really loved him. He was wealthy as well, obviously not to your level but he had money. He knew from the start about her father and he started to pay for the bills. y/n of course said he didn't need to but he explained it was no problem.

This made it possible for her to join as a student in this prestigious painting academy, one of the school's teachers had seen her painting in the bar and invited her. However, the guy after a year of dating asked her to marry her and she wasn't ready. He got so mad and made her out to be all sorts of things, among other things a gold digger.

Eventually he withdrew the payments for her father's bills and she had to quit the academy to be able to work two jobs and pay for her dad's healthcare. When her dad found out she had to quit the academy for him he tried to kill himself. He felt like a huge burden to his daughter. People offered to help her but ever since that happened she rejected all help, she is too scared to be indebted again to anyone.'