The Fall of the Prison

Start from the beginning

There, the governor stood proud, backed by his newfound army, armed with heavy artillery and tanks. The watchtower was up in flames, something Aliya would definitely not appreciate. That was the explosion that they heard. His shoulders tensed as he heard the pained cries of the siblings who watched as their loving father was pushed to his knees. Daryl's fist itched to lay one on the asshole who felt entitled to the prison. He should've gotten here first if he wanted it so badly. 

Daryl sneaked towards Sasha and Tyreese, whispering the plan he had in mind. With their eyes trained on the threat in front of them, Daryl snuck away from them and headed straight to the barrel full of guns. He distributed them stealthily but quickly before running towards the cell where Aliya was. She needed to wake up now. 

He zoomed through the other cells and opened her doors widely, running out of breath. Truth be told, he was expecting her to be at least sitting up and wondering what the hell was going on, aloud. She always spoke about what she was thinking, which is why she always got in trouble. His hope and excitement died down when he reached her. She was showing no signs of waking up and it was driving him nuts. "You better wake up now." he gritted out, staring straight at her unmoving eyes. 

But she stayed unconscious, eyes unmoving and chest steadily heaving. He cursed out loud, kicking the chair away before putting a gun on her bedside table. "Wake your ass up. We need you." he whispered before turning around to run back to the field. He was intercepted by Carl who lead him to the bridge where they both aimed for the governor and his fleet. Carl was trigger ready and although it was incredibly tempting, it wouldn't do them any good if they shot him right then and there. 

They were all waiting in anticipation, watching their every move. Rick was done with persuading the governor and resorted to appealing to his men. He seemed to struck something in the governor's nerve when he suddenly lifted up Michonne's katana and sliced Hershel's head clean. Maggie and Beth called for their father, their bodies lurching forward in a futile attempt to save him. 

A harsh ringing deafened them for a millisecond, all of them staring at Hershel's limp body in disbelief. Rick cried out, hot tears trailing down his cheeks as both him and Carl shot at the governor. The governor screamed out in pain before cradling his bleeding shoulder, crouching down to avoid the bullets raining down on them. Daryl released a bellow of agony as he pressed down on the trigger, aiming for the governor and the tanks. 

With every tear that fell down from their eyes, a fleet of bullet was fired. They let the bullets do the talking, pouring out their anger, resentment, grief through gunfire. Not like they had the time and ability to do otherwise. 

The tanks started moving forward, crushing the fence like it was an empty aluminium can. Even though the tanks were noisy, the governor's booming voice still boomed over it. He barked orders, not caring how it would put his men in danger. It wasn't long before all of the vehicles have passed the fence and had parked in the grass field. Daryl and the others kept the bullets going, shooting down everyone that gets out of their vehicle. 

If Aliya was awake, she would've been extremely proud of Beth. Even though consumed by fear, Beth still did what she had to do. She wasn't giving up. She watched Maggie run towards the prison block and head towards Glenn. Beth felt anxious but listened to her sister's orders.