ten;

A GUST OF WIND hits our bodies, making us all shiver slightly and begin to wonder why we even came to sit out by the black lake in the first place.

It was almost curfew but Pansy and I weren't ready to run off to bed just yet, so when Blaise, Theo, and Draco asked if we wanted to hang out by the lake we happily obliged. Spending some time smoking, laughing, and pep talking them for their first game of the season tomorrow.

"You will guys will be fine don't even stress..." I trailed on as I lit a cigarette I pawned off Draco.

"You don't know that Sam, the Gryffindors are animals." Blaise said as he slouched himself down against the trunk of a large oak tree.

"Thats all Wood's training, physically they may be stronger but you guys are smarter." Pansy buds in.

"Oi! We are smarter and stronger Parkinson, where'd you get that nonsense from?" Draco retorts, lighting a cig of his own.

Looking between each other, Pansy and I burst out into fits of laughter. Falling into one another and onto our backs from where we sat cross-legged on the grass.

"What are those two going on about?" Blaise questions, sitting up now.

"We are going to beat them. We are the better team." Theo insists as he stands up beside Draco who's leaning on the tree.

Still laughing and rolling around on the grass, the blonde figure pipes up "Oh don't mind them, they wouldn't know how to play even if their lives depended on it."

"Yeah, I'd like to see you girls hit a blunger now and then." adds Blaise, picking himself onto his feet to stand beside the other boys.

Pansy and I quiet down now, our eyes moving between each boy and then back to each other where laughter overtakes us once again. Giggling and snorting as they watch from their standing positions, the boys share a knowing look as we laugh on, that is until we are simultaneously picked up and thrown around like rag dolls.

Theo, grabbing my waist and pulling me over his shoulder. Meanwhile Draco hoists Pansy up off the grass, holding her bridal style, before tossing her entire figure over to Blaise, and the light-skinned Slytherin doing the same.

"Just wait and see! We're gonna win. I'm telling you!" Theo yells as the boys run us back into the castle without even touching the cobblestone walkway; Pansy flying through the air with each toss Blaise and Draco make, and my fists banging against Theo's back, legs flailing as I beg him to put me down.

Little giggles and screams that can be heard from the astronomy tower, as well as light chants of "Slytherin. For. The. Win." making themselves present in the cool night ambience.

———————————————————

The next day it was clear to see how on-edge both the Gryffindor and Slytherin houses had become. Teammates on either side skipping classes, and huddling during meals until it was finally time to see who's summer of hard work had paid off more.

It was about an hour until everyone who wished to watch had to be down by the pitch, the girls were waiting in the common room but I decided to use my time wisely and head to down to the library to collect some new reads.

"Hello Madame Pince, how are you today?" I asked in a hushed voice as I reached the large desk sitting in the middle of the room.

"Very well dear, if you're looking for something new to read we just recently got some more hard-covers in the left-hand corner, feel free to check some out." she whispered before getting up from her post and walking a large stack of textbooks over to a little silver cart by the front doors.