seven;

This chapter contains mature themes: alcohol & substance use, and other "adult themes." readers discretion is advised.
———————————————————

"S Where the hell is my lipgloss!"

"Has anyone seen my tie?"

"Oh my god! I have two left shoes! Why do I have two left shoes?"

"P here I was using it. Catch!"

Our room was in shambles to say the least. Clothes everywhere, different perfume scents mixing together in the thick air, and every drawer and cabinet in the room left ajar. You could tell it was Friday, either that or a hurricane just ran through the dormitory.

"Shit, shit , shit we're gonna be late!" Millie screeches, her mouth full of toothpaste as she tries to knot her tie.

"Ten minutes until breakfast is over!" I yell whilst reaching for my clothes in my deep trunk, still wrapped in a towel "We're best off skipping and holding out until lunch!"

"Yeah...because I can totally not eat for three hours. Great idea Sam!" Daph says with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "Me and pansy are just about done, why don't we go down an grab some muffins or something."

"Yeah we can meet you in Divination." Pansy adds while lacing up her black combat boots then heading out the door with Daphne.

"God where would we be without them Mills." I ask stopping to stare at the large wood door they departed from, still holding my towel close to my body as my hair drips onto the floor.

"Starving, we would be starving." Bulstrode interjects from the bathroom where she was spitting out her toothpaste.

Millicent and I hurriedly got ourselves put together, and rushed up to the North tower, still scrambling to be ready by the time we made it up the stairs.

It was five days after the incident with Fred on the train, I've tried my hardest to avoid him and keep him off my mind ever since. Instead, my luck had other plans and decided to place him in two of my classes; Divination and DADA. The only good part was that he sat somewhere behind me, so I never had to fight the urge to focus on him instead of the lesson in front of me.

He was so mysterious, so kept to himself. Rarely did he answer questions in class, he was more the type to sit in the back and chat with the others around him. Whereas I always participated, I even prided myself on my grades and studying on my free time.

"Oh my God!" I stop in my tracks on a flight of stairs near the class, as the thin material of my Slytherin tie tears into two around my neck.

"No way!" Bulstrode snorts as she steps up onto the final stair and reaches for the Divination classroom door.

"Millie!" I grab her arm before she's able to do so. "Trelawney isn't going to let me into class without my tie, it's part of the uniform, i'll be sent to detention, the detention will be on my permanent record, I'll-"

"Wait, wait, wait" Millicent interjects "You really think I'm going to walk all the way back down the tower, all the back down those damn stairs to the dungeon and then back up again? That nut job won't even notice you're not wearing your tie."

Swallowing a lump in my throat, I clutch onto the green and silver fabric with both hands.Not daring to make eye contact with her visibly annoyed gaze. She quickly rolls her eyes, grabs onto my elbow and pushes me into the room before her.

"Girls, thank you for finally joining us." Trelawney announces, not even looking up from her teacup. I've always wondered how she does that.