"It's just cereal, Scarlett."

"My cereal that you almost dropped on the floor. Cereal I paid for."

He rolled his eyes then sat behind me, eating his breakfast. I checked the time then swore under my breath, standing up and putting my bowl and spoon in the sink.

"What's wrong?" Jason asked, glancing up at me.

"Erica's on her way," I mumbled, sitting down next to Jason.

"For fucks sake," he grumbled. "Why the hell are you still with her?"

"You ask me this everyday and I give you the same answer."

"Oh right, because she cares and loves you, right? That's a load of shit."

"Shut the hell up."

"No, because I'm right. She's just as bad as your ex boyfriend, Scarlett."

"No she's not, and don't bring him up again."

"She fucking cheated on you! Why won't you understand that you deserve better than that?"

"She's the best I've got since... Liam, okay?" I said, turning away.

"Erica is the same way, Scarlett. The only thing she hasn't done yet is put her damn hands on you."

I shivered slightly, keeping my eyes away from him. He let out a deep sigh before standing in front of me.

"Look... you know I love you, Scarlett. I want what's best for you and she's not that," he said softly, turning my head back to him.

I didn't say anything but I kept my eyes on him. It sucks because I knew he was right. Erica isn't so bad, I mean... she shows that she cares and she stayed. So, that's enough for me.

A knock came from the door and Jason let out a groan before yelling, 'come in.' Erica walked inside with a smile but then it slowly faltered when she saw Jason and I, and how close we were.

We weren't that close but you get the point.

"Hey, babe," she said, looking at me. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, we were just talking," I said, terribly avoiding eye contact.

"Ah, talking. Can we talk in the room, please?"

I nodded my head then hopped off the counter, following her into my room. Once the door was closed, she grabbed my arm tightly, pulling me to her.

"Why the fuck were you two so close, huh? Didn't ruin a little makeout session, did I?"

"What? No! It wasn't like that, I told you we were just talking."

"Don't lie to me, Scarlett," she mumbled, tightening her grip.

"I don't have a reason to lie to you, Erica."

She hummed quietly then let go of my arm, forcing a smile onto her face.

"Good. Now, I'm going to a friends house tonight and I'm more than sure you have to work, correct?"

"Yeah," I whispered, looking at the ground.

"Am I boring you? I'll go to Josh' house instead and maybe he'll be interested."

Josh. The guy she cheated on me with... three times.

"N-No. I'm sorry, you're not boring me. I'm listening," I rushed out, looking at her.

"Thought so. Now, just let me know when you'll be back home. Unless you want to come to my house instead."

"I've told you three times what time I get off of work tonight, Erica."

"I obviously forgot. It isn't that serious," she said, shaking her head.

I sat down on the chair next to my desk, running a hand through my hair. Erica then glanced at me before coming to my lap and sitting down. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek.

"Why do you look so upset?" She asked, humming.

"I'm not upset," I mumbled.

"You're a terrible liar. Anyways, I gotta head out. I better not catch close to that friend of yours out there. See you later."

She stood up and walked out of my room, closing the door behind her. Once she was home, my phone dinged with a text from my friend Lola.

Hey! I'm coming over, but I'm bringing a friend. Is that cool?

Yeah, that's fine with me.

Alright! I'll be there in a few. And his name's Carter, by the way.