Hiding (Their Story)

Start from the beginning

"I love you too," she said. She put her hand on his cheek and pulled him into a gentle kiss.

"Okay now back to why I came over here. Now that you're famous I think we need to talk about how we are going to show our relationship online. And I kind of don't want to." Ricky said, and Nini looked confused. "I just don't want our relationship to be scrutinized. I don't want other people's opinion on our relationship, I want it to be just us."

"But all our friends and family already know about us" Nini asked, she was still very confused.

"I don't want to hide it from them, just the people online" he clarified.

"Okay, I understand where you're coming from and if that's what you would feel more comfortable with then I'm all for it. But can I still post and sing with you as my best friend?" she asks him, giving him her puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah, why not people already know we're friends so there's no reason to pretend we're not," Ricky said smiling at her use of her puppy dog eyes.

"Can we watch Tangle now," Nini asked. "Of course," he replied with a smile.

On their 2 year anniversary Ricky surprised Nini with a trip to Paris.

It was a different trip then they originally expected, with how many fans were there, but they still had an amazing time. They spent a few days sightseeing but also spent quite a lot of time in bed enjoying each other's company.

After an eventful day they laid in bed, Nini's head resting on Ricky's chest, his arm draped around her.

"I love you" Ricky whispered softly as he rubbed his hand up and down her arm.

"I wish this moment could last forever" she said staring out the window at the stars, "these last few days have been perfect"

"This trip might not last forever, but this will. You know, me and you, this, it's gonna last a long time. You're it for me Nini, you're my forever." He says looking her in the eyes. Nini's eyes gloss over a little bit and she leans up to press and peck to his lips. "You're my forever too"

When they get back from their Paris trip Nini decides it's her turn to plan a date for them.

During the beginning of their relationship, right after they decided to keep their relationship off the internet, Ricky took her to a drive-in movie. It was the date that made her certain that this relationship was not going anywhere anytime soon.

She thought it'd be fun to recreate that date.

After their Paris trip they decided to go back to Salt Lake and visit family, instead of going to their apartment in LA.

She packed up a bunch of snacks and blankets in Mike's truck and told Ricky she had a surprise for him. She led him to the car, him sitting in the passenger's seat and her in the driver's seat. And she drove them to the drive-in.

It truly was the perfect date for their situation. They were able to be affectionate outside of their house, and because it was so dark (and because they parked in the back), no one noticed who they were.

They ended up watching Toy Story, Ricky's favorite Pixar movie.

"Thank you for planning all of this, it really means a lot" Ricky said. "It's the least I could do to thank you for the amazing trip to Paris" she replied. "I think you showed me how grateful you were a few times on the trip" he said smirking, causing Nini to blush at the memory. "I did, didn't I"

Nini had been in a writing slump for a few months now. She had a deadline in 3 weeks for a new single, but no matter what she just couldn't get any inspiration.