22: MIDNIGHT CRISIS PART TWO

“Don’t make a sound,” Angelina whispered to Abraxas.

Both of them had their wands clutched in their hands tightly. Angelina recited complex silencing charms hoping that whatever creature was nearby wouldn't hear them.

"Move," she hissed at Abraxas, who stood absolutely frozen. "Slowly— towards the castle."

Abraxas grabbed Angelina's hand and led her to towards the other side of the lake slowly. It was extremely dark.

Angelina had put out her faint Lumos as soon as she sat by him. The moonlight shone enough light everywhere
Abraxas accidentally stepped on top of a wooden twig— there was a loud crunch. It felt as if their terror amplified every little sound. He froze— Angelina almost bumped into him.

"It's okay, whatever it is— it can't hear us," Angelina was quick to remind him. She pulled on his sleeve and forced him to move with her, this time she tugged at him with desperation.

They moved quietly— one step at a time as though they expected something to pop up if they landed one wrong step. Somehow by taking baby steps they managed to reach the castle. Angelina obsessively kept charming Silencios and protective wards around them.

“I am never going to ask someone to rendezvous at night— ever.” Abraxas breathed heavily as the two stumbled into the common room.

“You better not,” Angelina panted. “You should be glad I’m rational or else we would have been dinner tonight.”

Abraxas gave a hard laugh and ran a hand through his platinum hair. He gave Angelina a smile,” It’s nice to have you back.”

She smiled warmly, “It’s nice to have you back too, Brax.”

Abraxas stepped closer and enveloped his arms around Angelina. He rested his chin on the top of her head. He sighed,” If you ever feel the need to talk to anyone, I’m here for you.”

She nodded into his chest.

An abrupt hand jerked the two apart. Abraxas almost fell on his back, while Angelina landed on her arse.

Abraxas’ face contorted into a scowl, “What the fuck Riddle.”

Angelina didn’t bother to look up— she could see polished black shoes and perfectly creased trousers.

“Two Slytherin students wandering out on a full moon,” Tom said, a condescending smirk appeared on his face, “male and female— how scandalous.”

She stood up, brushing dust off of her cloak. She folded her arms in front of her. A prominent frown took over her face.

“And you have no manners,” stated Angelina.

Tom turned to her, “I thought you better than a whore.”

She gaped at him. Her jaw rolled, her teeth clenched together.

“I— How dare you!” she shoved him back but he didn’t move. She almost snarled,
“You know nothing.”

Abraxas pulled her away from hurting Tom. Her arms were caged in his hands. He said, gently, “Calm down, Angelina.”

“Don’t ask me to calm down,” she removed her arms from him with a sharp jab. She stood there seething in front of two boys that towered over her. They looked down at the girl. She looked distressed— angry as if she were going to hex anything ahead of her.

Her fists were clenched at her sides and her chest huffed every time she breathed. She looked like a child whose candy got taken away from— to them. Both the boys stood there amused at her.