12: LITTLE LOVE BITES

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥

"Was that the last Slytherin compartment we had to check?" Angelina asked groaning.

"I wonder how you would fulfil Head girl duties if you get so agitated as a prefect." Tom replied as he gave her a glance while walking to their own compartment.

"I only want to be head girl for the quarters and you know that."

"You could stay in mine." Tom shrugged. It was too casual of him. Oh how she would love to stay in his quarters but she would never admit it. Also she enjoyed the little privacy she had.

"Thank you for the offer but I have to decline." Angelina lightly laughed as she entered the Slytherin compartment full of her friends.

"Angelina, I was just thinking about you." Avery jumped out of his seat.

Tom rolled his eyes and took a seat next to Abraxas.

"What are the arrangements at Malfoy Manor this year?" Angelina heard Black ask Abraxas. Immediately her interest was perked and she seated herself on the seat opposite to Abraxas.

"Mother gave us the North wing of the Manor. My room will be next to Black's and Avery's. Zeus will arrive the day of the ball, so we have space to separate Lucretia and Druella from Lily and Angelina. Riddle's room is across the hall and Rosier and Dolohov will share a room. Lestrange and Nott will have the room across Riddle's. Muliciber and Crabbe and Goyle will share a room next to Lucretia's and Druella's. Angelina's and Lily's room will be next to Riddle's. " Malfoy explained.

"What about our dates?" Lily asked.

"What about them?"

"Can't we just share our rooms with them?" Lily exclaimed. She was very excited for the ball but why didn't she tell Angelina she had a date?

"You can do whatever you want but mother had to assign rooms. It makes us lot look respectful and gentlemen-like."

"Who are you going with Lily?" Angelina asked," I'm quite surprised you didn't tell me."

Lily beamed at Angelina," Callum is taking me to the ball."

"That's nice." Angelina replied. Nobody had asked her to the ball. Was someone going to ask her? Even if someone ended up asking her, she would decline. Angelina had hope that Tom would ask her to the ball but it seemed like his mind was too occupied on the family reunion he had planned.

"Is someone taking you to the ball, Angelina?" Leo Lestrange asked Angelina snapping her out of her train of thoughts. Tom Riddle's gaze was set on him.

She shook her head," Nobody has asked me yet."

"Well if nobody asks you, I might just shoot my shot." He smiled cheekily," Save me a dance princess." Tom wanted to hex the boy so bad that the little finger of his hand twitched. Tom Riddle was never one to lose control; he was always calm and kept together. His demeanor was always cool, well until he was angry.

A warm sensation took over Angelina and pain pricked her head. She stopped smiling. Someone was trying to communicate with her by Legilimens and that someone was Tom Riddle, of course.

"Sure, Leo." She mustered with a slight smile and snapped her gaze to Tom.

"What?" she hissed.

"What?" Tom mocked her, his lips quirking upwards. She should have gotten the message not to accept Lestrange's plea. Angelina rolled her eyes at his behavior.

Why was he messing with her? Did he really want to deal with a pissed Angelina during their little trip? Angelina shot a glare to Tom which he enthusiastically returned.