13: LITTLE HANGLETON

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥

"Where are we going to apparate from?" Angelina questioned for the third time as Tom dragged her through muggle crowds. But Tom did not reply, Angelina snorted and kept walking closely behind him.

It was mid-day and rain was pouring onto their heads. Tom dragged Angelina into an abandoned street. It was dark and it reeked of smolder and cigarettes. London wasn't a safe place anymore. The second world war was entering London, it was in the matter of time that the streets of London would be battlefields.

Tom cornered Angelina to cover her from the rain and any passed out drug user. "Do you have everything you need in your bag?" His black hair was wet and unruly, Angelina found herself wanting to run her fingers through it.

"Yeah, I packed everything in advance."

"Good. Do you remember how to apparate with sideways?" He asked yet another question. Angelina and Tom had practiced the art of apparition along with Abraxas at Malfoy Manor last year.

"Yes. Why must you underestimate me?" She pursued her lips slightly.

"I'm not underestimating you." Tom spared a glance to the watch on his wrist. "It's about time." He said and held onto Angelina's forearm with a tight grip.

"Hold on tight."

Then came the feeling of your body being passed through a drinking straw. Angelina kept a tight grip onto Tom's arm and everything went black. Her hair felt as if it was being pulled away by a great force, she couldn't keep her eyes open, it felt like someone had poked both of her eyes and her ear drums were banging.

Then, everything came to halt. She opened her eyes and found herself standing next to Tom in front a sign board that read;

'Welcome to Little Hangleton.'

The view of the small village was before their eyes. It almost looked abandoned. It looked dark. The architecture looked old but it was beautifully displayed in sad colors. It looked like a phantom town out of some horror story book. Maybe it always looked like this or maybe it was the effects of the war.

Angelina glanced sideways at Tom; a slight crease had embedded itself on Tom's forehead. He looked deep in thought and off-guard. She slightly tugged on Tom's hand, snapping him out of his daze.

"Come on, we need to get to town before it's too late." Angelina said.

They started to walk hand in hand towards the noise of people and their vehicles. As they made it further into town, Angelina noticed the similarity in the designs on the buildings. All of them looked fairly old but not to an extreme.

Everything started to look a lot like a part of London both Tom and Angelina knew too well. They gloomy atmosphere, lack of people and smell of wet dirt was too similar.

"Looks a bit like London, doesn't it?" Angelina stated, they had been walking for a while and Tom had yet to say anything since they arrived here. The silence drove her mad. Albeit, Tom was never much of a speaker, he didn't ever act this silent.

Angelina looked up to Tom, his eyes held a blank look as he walked. He looked as if he was scheming but he was always scheming. Tom Riddle never let any chances for surprises. Of course he was scheming something, but he did not feel like telling her anything yet.

His uncle Morfin Gaunt was still alive, Tom had to find him. He needed all the information he could get and he needed his family gone.

-