41. So easy to love

Start from the beginning

Anything for him to get better.

"OK, let's do a recap."

On our way to Daegu, Taehyung briefed me about the ins and outs of meeting the parents in Korean culture.

"Never ask for a fork..." he began to enumerate on his hand.

I smiled during his whole pep talk. He seemed so excited about the idea of me meeting his family.

"Also, don't get surprised but..." Taehyung warned with a sly smile. "Whenever I visit Daegu, my parents invite the whole family to see me..." he chuckled. "So you might meet some uncles, aunts, perhaps some cousins..."

I chuckled, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Well, thanks for the heads up..." I answered, faking a panicked look.

In reality, I was just as excited as him.

I knew this weekend was going to take our relationship to a whole new level. And I was ready for it.

After a three-hour drive and four different fights about the car playlist, we arrived at his family's country house in Daegu.

The gates opened as soon as we approached. I assumed they were already waiting for us.

"Before we go, there's something I need to tell you..." Taehyung said softly, driving the car up the gravel path.

I felt a knot tying in my stomach as I looked up to the beautiful house standing proud and tall at the top of the hill.

"What...?"

Taehyung turned the wheel to park on the side of the house.

"Just for us... To be on the same page..."

I turned my eyes to him.

"Regarding what I said to my parents about you..."

I frowned.

His eyes looked everywhere around us, except in my direction.

His face didn't show any emotion as he finished parking.

"I told them..."

He cleared his throat, still avoiding my eyes.

"We've been dating for a year."

He spoke quickly as he pulled the key out.

"We're not living together."

My eyes widened.

He continued speaking just as fast.

"We're not having sex."

I gasped.

"We barely had our first kiss."

He turned to me, an innocent smile on his full lips.

"Cool with you?"