---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's your name, recruit?"

"Irin, Ryuu D. Irin, Sir!" the young girl replied, holding up a salute.

Thus, her life as a Marine began...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irin was an extraordinarily hardworking girl. She trained day and night, even after her colleagues had gone to bed. To her, she saw herself as weak. She was the youngest Marine enlisted into the Navy and she constantly felt awkward around others but that did not blunder her spirit.

The pinkette trained harder than any of the other rookies and spent her lunch breaks reading books about navigation as a keepsake for her late friend, Sabo.

Not long after she was enlisted, Irin quickly rose in ranks and became an Ensign at the age of 15. Many of the rookies who joined at the same time as her grew jealous of her and she was shunned by many of her colleagues so she spent her first two years as a Marine alone. Irin also rarely saw Garp because of their huge difference in ranks.

Irin rose in the Navy ranks faster than anyone in history and became a Commodore at the age 16. Around that time, she also found a devil fruit and ate it. Due to the power boost from her devil fruit she became even stronger and Garp began to train her personally. Irin eventually meets Admiral Aokiji and the two become the best of friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Weak! That was weak, Irin!" Garp scolded, "At this rate you won't be able to catch up to me!"

Irin panted as she yelled and charged at Garp, boosting herself with her devil fruit, throwing a punch at him. Her punch was insanely strong as it catches Garp off guard and sends him flying towards a tree.

"Ahhh!! Garp-jiisan! I'm so sorry!!!" Irin cried as she dashed towards Garp who was sitting on the ground staring at his granddaughter in shock.

The Vice Admiral, Garp, remained on the ground, shocked that he was actually sent flying, then suddenly burst out laughing, "That's my cute little granddaughter! C'mon enough training, let's go get some food!"

"But Garp-jiisan, are you okay?" Irin asked worriedly as she scanned Garp's body for any injuries, "Nonsense! It'll take another 20 years before you can hurt me!" Garp laughed.

He stood up and Irin noticed that he was indeed injured. Garp's arm was bleeding from Irin's insane punch that sent him flying. Though it was a minor injury, Irin immediately tended to his injury with her medical skills which she learned from her late mother.

"Ah, this is just a small problem! Let's go eat!" Garp exclaimed like a child.

"No, Garp-jiisan. We gotta treat your injury first before it gets an infection, okay?"

"That's just boring!" the Navy Vice Admiral protested.

"I'll get you rice crackers after this, okay?" Irin suggested as she smiles and tends to the cut on Garp's arm.

Garp smiled like a child, "Ahh, I have the best granddaughter in the world!" he declared while laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuu D. Irin quickly caught up to Monkey D. Garp as she became a Vice Admiral at the age of 17 and from then onwards it grew extremely difficult for her to continue rising in ranks. She became famous throughout the world and was known as the 'Youngest Vice Admiral'.

Irin grew to become a beautiful young lady with pink hair and an amazing physique. Many men were attracted to her but Garp chased them all away and said "You're not good enough for my cute granddaughter!".

It was insanely hard for men to get her attention, not only was Garp very protective of her but she was also a very intimidating woman due to her looks!

Despite her intimidating beauty, Irin was a very gentle, kind and bubbly person. She got along well with her colleagues and superiors, well, all except Admiral Akainu. He despised her ideals and the way she did things so they never interacted much but whenever they did, Irin was always kind to him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuu D. Irin sat by the shore on an island as she gazed at the sea, daydreaming. She had just been informed about something that she couldn't stop smiling about.

"So you've finally come to the sea huh, Luffy?"

"I wonder if you still remember me..."

"I'll protect you, I'll protect Ace and I won't lose anyone ever again because of my weakness... I'll be your protector..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hello readers! Thank you for picking my story! This is my first ever wattpad story and fanfiction so I'm very sorry if it's not very good but I hope you guys enjoy my story! I'll try my very best to improve along the way and I hope y'all are ready because this is gonna be a long ride!

Oh yeah, I initially wanted this to be an reader insert story but I was afraid that it wouldn't be inclusive enough to be considered an reader insert story, therefore this is a OC story. However, I'll try my best to make it seem as though it's a reader insert story (by using my OC's name less and stuff) to make it more enjoyable for readers who like reader inserts, but please remember that it is still fundamentally an OC story.

Also! If anyone was wondering, my OC's name is Ryuu D. Irin and Irin is pronounced as 'ee-rin'!

Happy reading and thanks for choosing my story!