One direction at my school?! (Also chapter 1)

Start from the beginning

“So what’s the deal with One Direction, that’s all anyone can talk about. I’m starting to hate everyone; you’re all I have left.” Kenzie says as we pull out of her driveway.

“I know how you feel, but I guess we’re just going to have to live with it, it’s only the beginning of summer and we have a lot more school left and that means a lot more of their faces. Mind if we stop by at Tim Hortons? I didn’t eat breakfast yet.” I say

“Sure, whatever. Get me a coffee and donut.” She says

“Um… I actually don’t think we’re going to have time for Timmy’s…” I say as I get out of the neighborhood. I look out and see a HUGE line of cars from where I am to as far as I can see

“GREAT, a traffic jam!” Kenzie says.

“Ugh. Just another amazing thing to happen today” I say. I turn on the radio and the song ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ is still playing, but Harry’s solo is just about ending.

“Turn that down for a second” Kenzie says dialing a number in her phone. “Hi, it’s Mackenzie Beach a student at your school. Yes Amna Vahidy and I, in grade 11 are going to be a little late.. Traffic problems. Okay, thank you!”  She turns off her phone. “We’ve got plenty of time.”

                “So do you want to get Tim Hortons or not? I’m not that hungry anymore”

                “Nah. I kind of want to see One Direction and all the girls crawling at their feet, it’ll be funny”

                Yeah. Funny. I think. I adjust my belt and tuck in my shirt, and wait for the car ahead of me to move an inch.

***

An hour later, we arrive at school, which is a long time considering that it usually takes fifteen minutes.

I look around and see that people are just starting to come in the parking lot, as I park my car, and feel relieved.

“People are just starting to c-“

“THEY’RE HERE AMNA!” Kenzie says cutting me off.

I look over and see a grey convertible pulling up in the school parking lot and every single head turned in their direction.  You can hear them laughing and fooling around and making jokes about each other as Harry drives in.

“And the praising over them begins.” I say quietly to myself.

Their car comes toward us, and I feel my heart skip a beat. Why am I feeling nervous? It’s not like I love them or anything. But just then, when I think their car is just going to pass mine, Harry pulls up into the parking space next to where Kenzie and I are standing. I can’t help but just stand there, staring, and I know Kenzie is doing the exact same thing. I look around. There are so many other parking spaces, and Harry chooses the one right next to us? I think to myself.

They all start getting out of the car, but when the door closest to me opens, it hits me in the leg as I say, “OW!” and I hear a voice say, “Oh I’m so sorry!” I look up and see that Niall Horan is just getting out of the car, not even 3 inches away from my face. I can’t help the butterflies in my stomach fluttering around like they’re trying to escape.

“Oh um no worries, I’m fine.” I say. I can hear my voice tremble as I speak.

“You sure?” Niall looks down at my leg. “It’s all red. Do you want me to get you some ice or something? I can help you walk to your next class if you want.”

“No that’s not necessary I’m totally fine I’ll just get some ice or something later.” I say. I can feel Kenzie’s eyes on me like daggers. I know exactly what she would be thinking right now; TAKE THE FLICKIN OFFER FOR ICE! If you’re seen with Niall Horan even for a split second you’ll be the most talked about girl in our school! GO WITH HIM!