Chapter 15: Don't die

My face pales, and my muscles stiffen, ready to run. I agile my head around to Liam, and he reads what I am thinking, then we both start to run towards the safe room, Jeff getting ready to take off.

Liam and I rush inside, Skylar closing it shut, double bullets colliding after it closed. I turn around immediately looking through the glass seeing that Jeff has taken off with the psychos behind him. I pray that he'll be alright, but at the same time I am disappointed that I didn't get the remote. Now we are lost of hope, for now though. Jeff might be lucky to get it.

I turn around to Liam, Jamal, and Skylar with tears in my eyes, worried about so much and how there is just little of us here from all of us that was here. It's so sad that all of them had to die at this very young age, and I hope no one else is next in line, I hope. I don't know how I would cope with it. How can I even cope with all this now most of my fucking friends are dead, and who knows if Jeff is right now.

I start to cry, and Liam opens his arms wide for me before I go and hug him as tightly as I can, crying my eyes out. I can hear Skylar start crying, and I know that she wanted to do that a long time ago. Liam's hand starts to rub my back in a circle as I cry hopelessly.

-

It's been way too long and, Jeff has not returned, and he has us worrying.

"What's taking him so long?" Liam asks, getting from the floor, then walks towards the door looking outside through the glass, and sighs.

"What if he-"

"No! No, Skylar," I warn. I didn't want her to say it because it might not be true. I hope, "We don't want any negatively right now please," there is a sudden stab of terror in my gut as I try not to think about it.

"I am sorry," she mutters wrapping her arms around her knees then lays her head on it. Jamal walks over to Liam, and they both are looking outside the glass anxiously.

The room is so quiet, and I have a feeling they could hear my heart stumbling over its beats. Where are you, Jeff? I question myself feeling the ache in the bottom of my gut telling me that something wasn't right, and I hope it's wrong.

"I don't want to die..." I hear Skylar mumbles while keeping her head down on her knees. I sigh, knowing I can't make any promises but give her a positive vibe.

"You won't die, fight when you have to," I tell her and reach over to caress her face.

"I am going out!" My eyes snap towards Jamal when he suddenly hissed.

"What?" I ask, looking at him not sure what he's suggesting.

"I said I am going out there I can't stay here any longer not knowing if Jeff is alive or if he got the remote. I need to go and find out or try getting the remote myself. Look, I am not trying to be a hero but I am going to try getting us out of here but no promises though," he looks at everyone inside the room.

I didn't even know what to say because one part of me doesn't want him to go but also wants him to try saving us. Maybe he will succeed in doing that or not but all positive though. I shrug and look over at Liam, who is gawking at him.

"I don't know man, but it's up to you. We all want to live and get out of here so we will do anything so go if you wish," Liam steps back and looks at Skylar.

Her head is up and she's looking at him. She blinks and shrugs, "I don't have no say in this it is your choice," Skylar mutters to him. "But be careful," she warns, and he nods.

"Okay," Liam says, looking over at Jamal, who looks unsure.

Why is he looking so unsure when he's the one that suggested it. "You don't h-" I start.

"Let's do this!" He looks over at me, and I understand completely what he wants. I walk over at the door then punch in the code. It makes a sound then cracks open. "Guys, wish me luck," that he left.