Chapter 5: Attack

"Beth! Beth! The bats are gone," Jeff tells her while we all lift our heads seeing that it is already open. Beth sighs in relaxation and hugs him, she fears them so much.

"Where did they go?" Sam asks.

"And how did they get inside?" Liam asks and I wonder the same thing...Unless the window for the attic must be open. I grab onto Liam's phone dropping my knives and aiming the flashlight to see where I am going then start my way up the squeaking steps, hearing rats all over the place. I reach inside, the others following behind me. I see a rat runs by and I flinch knocking into Liam, and he holds onto my waist.

"It's okay I am right here."

I nod my head.

Inside the attic had spiders and spiderwebs everywhere, few bats inside, old or eaten boards that are squeaking with every move we make, old clothing, pictures, portraits, a guitar, a chest, all the things you can think of, and they all are covered in dust.

My eyes find the window and I speedily run over to it my eyes catching bars outside on it. Instantly my hope vanished and I groan, leaning my back on the window.

Everyone sighs and Jeff walks over to me, "There must be another way out of here Julia."

I shake my head tears starting to roll from my eyes, "I-I- the- there is no way out of here w-we are going to die! The person is going to KILL us!" I turn around and start banging on the window in frustration. "Don't you see!"

Bam! click bam!

Gunshots start shooting through the board floor.

They were double bullets.

"Aaaaagh!"

"We got to- Bam! "Get out of here!"

Everyone is just dodging bullets as safely as they could. No bullets were coming over at our side of the attic, but I am freaking out! I start to scream.

We have to get out of here as fast as we can and maybe we will catch the person beneath us.

"Aaaaagh! Fuck. Aaaaagh, I got shot!" My eyes widen when I look over at Beth laying on the ground blood gushing from her ankle.

"Babe!" Jeff runs over to her and lifts her from the ground while I run over to Liam.

"We got to get out of here!" Skylar yells and Jeremy nods.

Bam!

"Aaaaagh!"

"Fuck! I am going to kill that fucker!" Liam turns and dashes towards the attic steps and we follow after him apprehensively. We get from the steps and no one is down here. I look up at the ceiling and they are double bullet holes inside. "Where are you piece of shit-!"

"Liam!" Skylar yells in fear her hands shaking while she covers her mouth.

"Liam we don't want to get killed let's go-"

"Aaaaagh, it hurts..." Beth cries. Jeff places her on the floor and bends next to her examining the bullet wound.

"There is freaking two bullets inside-"

"Aaaaagh!"

"Hush baby, we going to get you help, guys what are we going to do?"

We look down at him unable to say anything.

"What are we going to do Jeff, it's your house?!" Liam snaps.

"Guys- wait, Jeff doesn't your grandparents have any medical equipment here?" I ask, they were really old and should have those inside the house.

"I-"

"Aaaaagh!"

"We gonna get you, help baby," He gets from the floor and rushes down the stairs.

"Where are you going!" Jeremy yells after him.

"I will be back!...."

I turn to look at Beth and she is suffering on the floor, I couldn't display her in distress like this so I sit next to her while she clutches her wound. I remove my shirt and move her hand gently then wrap it around as tight as I can. Because of how severe it is she bellows out.

"It's going to be okay," I whisper soothing down her leg, tears falling from her eyes, it pains me to see her cry like this. I turn to look at the rest of the group and Skylar and Sam hug each other, Jeremy with his hand cover over his mouth fearfully and Liam looking around not knowing what to do like he's on the verge to snap.

We all can't die tonight and I am going to make sure of that. Tonight can't be the last night we have a life to live and we won't let a psychopath take that away from us.

Bang!

We hear a loud bang between the walls below us. That means the person went back inside the wall, but how?

"J-Julia...?" I turn my head to look at Beth as she sobs.

"Y-yes?" I start to cry as I see the look on her face. I know what is about to come next and I didn't want to hear it because it won't happen. "D-don't say it," I warn.

"I-I am l-losing too much blood and there is no way out of here. I might die."