Chapter 10: Fight to live

I  look around the room not knowing which part of the house we are but knew where inside. We are inside the library and there is an exit door, and I am about to go towards it when Kevin staggers backward and drops on a sitting cushion panting in agony. It's so hard to say this but he's going to die, there is no chance for him here, none. The bullet went through both parts of his body and I have no idea how he's even still alive right now.

"G-guys we have to get him-him out of here and give his wound medical assistance," Jamal sobs trying to stop the blood from oozing from Kevin's stomach.

I didn't know what else to do or say this is all too much, but at least I know what is next. "Guys we have to leave now," I tell them and they all turn and look at me as if they didn't hear what I said before. "I said we have to leave now, you guys deaf or something?" They didn't move. What the fuck!

"Kevin needs to rest, don't you see he's dying," Jamal says in a breathy tone.

"And go where!" Skylar queries.

"Go anywhere than here did you forget that two killer psychos are chasing us!" I am getting fed up with everything!

"Kevin can't go anymore-"

"Fuck! I know he can't so we go without him-"

"The fuck Julia, what are you insinuating?" Liam steps over to me with an unbelievable look with Riley next to him.

"We can't run with him Liam, he's going to slow us down and get us killed and we can't save him-"

"Do you hear yourself, Julia? He's our friend we are not going to let him die-"

God, I hate arguing. Why can't he understand, I am trying to save his and the rest of us sorry asses. "He's already dying for God's sakes Liam, look at him! There is nothing we can do to save him even if we get him out of here, so why don't we just save ourselves and leave," everyone is quietly looking at me taken back, Liam looking at me as if he can't believe what I'm saying.

The room is silent and no one is willing to recuperate. I drop my hands down in exasperation looking at them.

"You may be a bad friend, but we are not like you, Julia. If it means to stay here until he dies we will but I am not going anywhere without him. Hear yourself, Julia, I can't believe I am hearing this from you," Skylar says in disbelieve. "We all stick together, even more since we are dying, fuck! We might not even make it out of here-"

"Do not start with the negativity Skylar. We are not dying okay?" Riley says walking towards her clutching his shoulder that is still bleeding but not as much.

"Fine okay, but I hope we can make it out alive. As I was saying before-"

Bang!

"Shit! Fine, let's get out of here, grab him!" I yell and they listen grabbing Kevin's hands and feet. We all turn towards the exit when we see one of the psychos stands with a machete. "Fuck!" We turn towards the way we got in first and the other one is there standing with his shotgun and they both are ready to attack. Now we are fucked.

"You guys should've listened to me-"

"Shut up," Skylar tells me rolling her eyes that were full of despair.

"Okay..." we wouldn't have been in this if they listened and left Kevin. Let me rephrase that I sounded inhumane, we could've left Kevin because we all know he's going to die so we could've saved ourselves. That sounds not less inhumane but it's true.

The guy with the machete aims it in the air and is about to launch it forward to slice anyone of us. My eyes widen and my heart jumps out of my chest with my mouth opening wide unable to scream in terror or cry.

"Nooooo!" Liam leaps forward and crashes into him both of them landing on the ground. Liam didn't waste any time before he starts fighting him. We hear the gun cocks and we turn around just in time and jump to the sides dodging the bullets he fired before he cocks his gun again and tries aiming it at Skylar and me while we laid on the floor.

"Aaaaagh!" I whip my head to the others seeing Jamal standing up from the floor and hastening towards the guy enraged. My eyes widen when he crashes into him knocking him to the ground knocking the shotgun from his hand that slides next to me, I immediately grab it and dash from the ground and run towards Liam who is now on the ground getting strangled.

I gasp and aim the gun at the guy's head but he's moving too much so I didn't have a good aim at him. He reaches for his machete and aims it to chop Liam.  I scream and fire the gun but the bullets went to the ground next to Liam's head. The guy turns to look back at me looking wild and scary gritting his super long teeth.

I cocks the shotgun and proceed to fire the machine when unexpectedly someone crashes my body on the ground landing on top of me before grabbing the shotgun from my hand and standing and aiming it at my head.

"Noooo!" Riley dashes forward and knocks him to the ground knocking the gun from his hand. I let out a shaky breath knowing that I almost die.

"G-guys ge...get o-out of here!" Kevin yells clutching his stomach and groaning in pain. "I-I will distract them... Leave."

I look over at Liam that escapes from the guy's hold then starts running towards me and that's when I see it. The remote!  It is hanging from his pocket, the killer's pocket. I proceed to run for it when someone grasps my hand and pulls me back through the wall.

"Liam what are you doing!" I yell at him seeing that everyone is out of the room leaving Kevin and the psychopaths.

"R-run as-as fast as you can g-guys," that is the last thing he says before he crashes on one of the psychos. RIP.