Chapter 56: The Big Apple

Start from the beginning

Also, big news, we are renting out an apartment in London, Marylebone to be exact, which we would be staying in for 6 months from September. I am going to be working and with and mentoring vulnerable children and young adults in youth centres and care homes. Which I honestly was really looking forward too, though not qualified, I came with highly regarded references and the company eagerly snapped my hand off to have me.

Tayte was going to be spending most of his days with Torah and Jen, since Forrest has obviously been back to work.

Noah was spending a semester at University College London.

Angelo was transferring on a 6 month placement to University College Hospital. Noah was literally so excited that the love of his life was coming with us also. He was such an idiot though, Angelo would be by his side forever.

Arlo was also coming to London for 6 months too. He was going to be working in a private gym as a personal trainer and mentor for ex-service men and woman who had to leave the forces due to mental or physical injury. He had also finished his book and would be meeting with publishers in London who contacted him after Auntie helped him.

Mali, you'd be happy to hear, was also coming to London. Her event planning had really taken off and she has become very well-known and very exclusive. She is going to work at the Langham on a 6 month contract, which she is super excited about and nervous.

Arii and Leo were staying put in San Francisco, Leo had attended summer Olympic trials and had amazingly grabbed a spot on Team USA for the 110 meter hurdles. There were massive celebrations and we even got to meet his parents and older sister. So there was a lot of knuckling down and hard work for him and Arii was super supportive and I was so proud of the young lady she was growing up to become.

Auntie had flew back to South Africa for a month to check on her house and to catch up with some friends. I often forgot that Auntie had a life before we entered hers. She was also thinking about buying a place of her own, since Mum and Dad were back together. Though they are of course happy for her to stay and live with them. I had a feeling that soon she'd go back to South Africa for good again. Though at the moment, I'm trying to put that at the back of my mind.

<<<

So that brings us to now. It was a week before the wedding and we were going on our stag do, well our version, it was basically a little holiday really. The usual gang, Arlo, Angelo, Noah and Mali. With the additions of Arii, Leo, Tammara and Marshall. We were currently at the airport about to fly to New York for the weekend and I was excited, but Noah was literally about to put the airport under lockdown. He was so hyper.

We were staying at The Roxy Hotel Tribeca. We hadn't actually been back to New York since we were all reunited and everyone wanted to murder Logan. It wasn't weighing down on me, but it was still there lingering in my mind.

"Baby, I know going back to New York is probably bringing back some memories," Tayte whispered softly, "Because it is for me too, but, they are in the past, we are surrounded by the most beautiful people inside and out, our best friends, our family. We are getting married in a weeks' time. Let's focus on this epic future we're going to have," I smiled and he kissed me,

"I can't wait to marry you," I told him,

"Me neither" I grinned and kissed him again.

"NEW YORK, CONCRETE JUNGLE WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE OF, THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN'T DO, BOYS AND GIRLS WERE GOING TO NEW YORK, THESE STREETS WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BRAND NEW, BIG LIGHTS WILL INSPIRE YOU, WOOO LET'S GO TO NEW YORK," Noah sang changing the words and grinning at us all.