38

xx Y/N xx

4 weeks

28 days

672 hours

40,320 minutes

That's how long it'd been.

I hadn't seen, texted, talked to, or heard from Justin in 4 weeks.

And it sucked.

I missed him so much.

I felt like a jerk for treating him like that on his last day here. I let my overthinking and irrational fears get the best of me.

"Come on, y/n, get up," His voice brought me back to reality. 

"Nooo," I whined, pulling the covers over my head once again, letting the darkness consume me.

"Y/n. Now," Nick tugged the covers off me, making me shiver from the cold weather. 

"Aw, poor little baby is cold."

"Zip it," I groaned, getting up from my cozy bed, heading to the bathroom. Unfortunately for me, he followed. He sat on the closed toilet seat, while I brushed my teeth.

Nick had been a great help for the past couple of weeks. He was the only reason I actually got out of bed every morning and didn't stay buried under my covers all day. Him and Alan. 

Alan had developed an intense hatred for Justin after the breakup, even though I was at fault.

Older brother logic.

Anyway, Nick had been amazing with me. He had slept over the last two weeks, staying up with me every night to watch Netflix. He and I have been best friends since 4th grade when some stupid kid had given me the cheese touch (remember when that used to be a thing?). Nick was the only kid who talked to me, although he refused to touch me. Which reminds me, I still have it. He's a great guy, but we were strictly platonic. 

I didn't have feelings for him and he definitely didn't have feelings for me either. You might be thinking its weird but he's like a brother to me. And I'm not from Alabama so yeah.

"Are you okay? Erm, better at least?" He asked me, rising up to his feet.

I spit out water from my mouth after rinsing and looked in his pearly eyes through the mirror.

"Do I look better?"

"Um, y-yeah! Of course o-of course you do!" Nick is a terrible liar. I laughed, shaking my head and intertwining my fingers with his.

"Don't lie to me, Nick."

"I'm sorry, its just that, you don't really look better, in fact you look worse each passing day. I don't want to give you the 'get over it' advice, even though maybe I should, because I know how hard first love can be- but-"

I brought my free hand up and placed it on his mouth to stop his rambling. "And what you're trying to say is?"

"What I'm trying to say is that its been a month now, you need to move on, at least start," He sighed, dropping my hand. "Go to some stupid high school party or something. A rave, maybe. I can call up Fe-"

"I want nothing to do with Felix. He's problematic," I shook my head before he could complete. 

"I'm trying to help, y/n."

"I know you are," I sighed, letting my head rest on his chest. "I miss him so much."

"I know you do, but everything happens for a reason."

"Not necessarily a good reason though," I lifted my head from his chest.

"It'll all be okay," He assured. I hope so. 

We stayed in comfortable silence for a while, before I came out of the bathroom to grab some clean clothes and go take a shower. 

"I'm gonna go grab us some breakfast, you want something specific?" Nick asked, stuffing his phone in his pocket. 

"A frappe should be good," I replied at the same time as my stomach growled. 

"Some real breakfast maybe?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Fine! Mm, I'll have a burrito."

"Burrito it is!" He nodded and walked out of the room. I heard the door practically slam shut and took that as a cue to enter the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and noticed how tired I looked. Like I hadn't slept in days, even though I had.

How did I let it get to this?

Justin was amazing... No, better than that, but it shouldn't have hit me so hard. I shouldn't let any guy have such an impact on me. I shouldn't let any guy damage me so much.

I stepped into the shower after taking off my clothes, which included a hoodie Justin had gifted me on our six month anniversary. It costed him $250 apparently.

I let the hot water run over my body, allowing my hair to fall over my face. I looked down at the water scurrying into the drain. I closed my eyes and screamed, letting all the anger and sorrow out. Luckily, I was home alone.

I stayed there screaming and crying until my voice was hoarse and my skin was wrinkled from staying in the water too long.

I stayed there until I realized I shouldn't waste my time and tears crying over him.