Ep 12 - The Rise of the Great Devourer

Start from the beginning

The voice laughs again and the intruder turns visible, "What a joke. You were always a boy who chased stupid dreams."

Lloyd's eyes widen as he stares at him in shock, "Pythor! How did you get aboard?"

"You think I would allow the ninja to steal the Fangblades from me?" Pythor hisses at Lloyd as he drags him over to a punching bag and ties him up against it. 

Lloyd grunts in pain, "Ugh! You'll never get away with it! Hey—" He gets cut off by Pythor who puts tape over his mouth. He grunts and struggles to break free but to no avail. 

Pythor grins at the sight, "Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. As they say, out of sight, out of mind." With that, he disappears and leaves the room as his evil laugh echos through the hallway. 

                           ------

Thankfully, the storm has calmed before the ninja made it to their destination. 

Nya's voice is heard over the speakers, "Will everyone please place their seat back and tray table in the full upright and locked position? We have reached our destination: Torchfire Mountain. Give it a minute while we settle into position."

As Nya worked on the ship's position, Wu was already out on the deck, looking deep into the volcano. The ninja exit the cabin, four out of the five having a Fangblade in their hand.

Jay sighs as he steps outside, "It's roasting out here."

(Y/n) scrunches up his face, "Now I know how a turkey feels like in the oven."

Kai chuckles, "Heh. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

(Y/n) rolls his eyes, "Easy for you to say, Master of Fire."

Jay scans his eyes over the deck to see Sensei staring into the flames, "Hey, what's with Sensei?"

Zane shakes his head, "I do not know. He's been distant all morning."

Wu sighs as his students join him by his side, "Ah, it is beautiful, is it not?"

"Sensei, we are ready for the destruction of the Fangblades, yet you seem disinterested." Zane states with a frown.

Wu meekly smiles at him, "You do not need my approval to finish the task."

Jay's eyes widen in surprise, "Uh, but Sensei—"

Wu cuts him off, "Butts are for sitting. And besides, there will come a time when you will have to go on without me."

Kai huffs in disbelief, "Sensei, you're talking crazy. You've been alive for, like, forever." Cole nudges him. "Ugh!"

Zane sighs, "What he is trying to say is you are like the sunrise. We cannot begin a day without you."

Wu nods before looking into the distance, "Ah, but even the sun must go down so a new day begins."

Cole frowns, "I don't like metaphors. What are you trying to say? Are you leaving us again?"

(Y/n) nods, "Yeah, it sounds like you're gonna die."  And for that, he gets smacked in the arm by Cole. "Ow!"

Wu was taken aback by this but shakes his head, "In meditation, my smoke visions have come to an end, and tomorrow, I cannot see. This worries me."

Jay tries to look on the bright side of things, "But it could be a good omen, you know. We destroy the Fangblades, then everything's gravy."

Wu falls into silence before nodding in argument, "Let's just get rid of them, for good."

Unbeknownst to the team, Pythor was able to sneak into the generator room and threw a hammer at the machine, causing the generator to fry itself and making the Bounty unstable. Everyone yelps in surprise as the bounty begins to tilt to its side, tilting everyone along with it and they begin sliding down the deck. The ninja were able to grab onto something but Wu wasn't so lucky. He slides down the edge of the plank over the deck and right before he fell, he holds on to the wooden plank.