"I like horror movies. Matter of fact, this is my home I make the rules so I'm putting a horror movie." Donovan said, Mercury's eyes widened. He grabbed the controller and was typing for a movie he wanted to put in order to scare Mercury. 

"No, wait, no I don't like scary movies." Mercury said worriedly, as she tried getting the controller back but Donovan quickly swerved his hand. 

Donovan knew Mercury did not like scary movies. Mercury loved everything pink and pretty. Scary movies were one of the very few things she disliked. But Donovan wanted to show her why she shouldn't come to his home unexpectedly.

Donovan then pressed play on a movie he knew would scare Mercury, he put Hereditary. Mercury sat in her seat, as she did not want to be rude, so she continued her plan of watching a movie with Donovan, even if it was going to frighten her. 

About ten minutes in the movie Donovan noticed how tense Mercury's body looked like. Thirty minutes passed and she was already covering her eyes. It wasn't until about forty minutes in where he decided to stop the movie because he noticed her fearful eyes forming some tears. Once he saw tears form in her eyes he immediately stopped the movie. 

"You know what maybe it's a better idea if we just ask each other questions to get to know each other better. I feel like we've known each other for so long yet we don't know much about one another." Donovan said, he himself was shocked about his words that seemed to come out of nowhere. Donovan himself did not want to admit it, but he subconsciously wanted to get closer to Mercury.

 His hateful thoughts of her, were just that of an angry confused boy who didn't know a thing about love. Although he himself would never want to acknowledge that. 

"Why are you in college?," asked Donovan to Mercury. Mercury was content that Donovan seemed interested in her. 

"I really want to be a teacher. Specifically, an elementary school teacher, I just want to help others grow. I would also like to be there for children that need extra help and support. " mercury said happily. She often wish she got help as a child, especially after witnessing her father's issues. 

"Of course, you would want to do it with the intentions of helping others. Why don't you ever do something for yourself?" Donovan said trying to decipher the girl he found odd. 

"But I like helping others, knowing I made someone else's day better makes my day better. So in the way I am doing it for myself as well as others." She said, although when she said it she sounded unsure of herself simply because of Donovan's stern stare. Donovan's harsh stares often made her nervous. 

"Aren't you curious as to why I didn't go to college, after high school?," Donovan spat at Mercury. Donovan believed that he hated Mercury due to the fact she seemed to have a perfect life. He incorrectly believed that Mercury had gone through no struggles in life. 

"Um well, I don't know," Mercury stammered feeling tension arise. She did not want to offend Donovan. 

"Well, I just didn't have any handouts. My mother was the reincarnation of Satan, so I had to work in order to be able to move out. Although, I enjoy being a mechanic and I earn good enough money I would like to attend school in the future." Donovan added, he did feel insecure at the fact that Mercury was in school, and he wasn't. He felt that he was wasting his life away. 

" I didn't have a handout though," Mercury whispered quietly, almost quiet enough for Donovan to not hear. At this his ears immediately perched up. Was Mercury finally defending herself? Donovan stared at her signaling for her to continue. But Mercury, was afraid to elaborate and go against a word that Donovan said.