"Who is it?," he yelled from the comfort of his couch as he did not having any intentions from moving. 

"It's me, Mercury." her soft voice muttered, and the moment the first syllables of the words she spoke came out of her mouth Donovan immediately jolted up. Donovan's heart stopped for a moment, and nervousness immediately settled in him. He quickly opened the door, to see Mercury's smaller stature holding two bagels, and two iced matcha drinks. 

The moment her big doe-like green eyes met his dark brown ones, Donovan felt as if time had stopped momentarily. Every time he saw Mercury he felt like it was the first moment he's ever laid eyes on her. He felt his heart beat faster, and his blood flow seemed to halt momentarily, as he felt frozen the instant he saw her.  

He absolutely hated this feeling he did not understand. He did not like the way, Mercury seemed to warp and ruin his world. 

He was brought back to reality, the moment he noticed Mercury blush immensely. It wasn't then till he had totally forgotten that he did not have a shirt on. The only thing he had on other than his grey sweatpants, was a gold chain. 

Shyness immediately consumed him, and he quickly put his head down. 

"Sorry, let me go put on a shirt." Donovan said embarrassed as he rushed back to his apartment. He left the door open, so Mercury took this as a cue to enter. While, Donovan quickly maneuvered his way to his room, Mercury sat in the living room patiently waiting for Donovan. 

"Look, I brought you a bagel and a drink." Mercury said happily, as held the items for him to get. Mercury was trying to get on his good side, as she did not want to seem like a nuance to him. She knew she came uninvited, so she brought the food and drinks to try to convince him to let her stay. 

His dark brown eyes narrowed down, and he looked at her harshly as he stood in front of her sitting figure looking down at her.

"Why are you here?" he said rudely, making Mercury almost regret her decision of coming over. 

"I um I wanted to hang out with you today. Sorry for coming over unexpectedly, but I just wanted to hang out since I was kind of bored." Mercury said stumbling over her words a bit at first. Donovan's harsh gaze made her doubt herself a bit. She was going to add more reasoning until Donovan cut her off. 

"Why'd you want to hang out with me" he questioned sternly. There was a couple moments of silence, before Mercury said anything. 

"Your my only friend." Mercury said in a quiet small voice feeling like a burden for telling Donovan that information. She almost whispered it as she felt ashamed for being so lonely.  

"Maybe you would have friends if you weren't such a people pleaser." Donovan said casually which made Mercury slightly self conscious, but on the surface she made sure she seemed unfazed by the statement. 

 "We could hang out, but I'm not leaving my house." Donovan stated, as he snatched the bagel and drink from Mercury without saying 'Thank you', not that Mercury was really expecting one. 

Why doesn't she stand up for herself. Is she that much of a people pleaser?  Why does she always want to please people?

Donovan asked himself many questions, as he saw the epitome of perfection sit in front of him watching him with her eyes that seemed to be filled with forests. 

"We should watch a movie, let's watch a romantic movie." Mercury said excitedly as she grabbed the controller to look for a movie. Donovan immediately rolled his eyes, but couldn't help to look at her smile. 

"Romance? I hate romantic movies." Donovan said as Mercury was quickly typing something into the Netflix search bar. 

"You hate literally everything. What movie genre do you even like, or could at the very least stand watching." Mercury asked. All Donovan could focus on were on how she had all her attention to him, awaiting for his answer.