James + Leona / Rosie

James and Leona prepared for their baby girl for the next few months. The couple had gotten the news that she was a girl as soon as they could; they wanted to come up with names and decorations so they could take her home immediately.

Most nights, they were excited. James sang her lullabies, and Leona picked out little outfits.

Other nights, they worried. The serial killer got caught, but he was just one of many evils out in the world. How were they going to protect their daughter from every danger?

Leona's parents were over the moon for the baby already. Even though they didn't quite approve of James, they were willing to put everything aside for their granddaughter.

As for James' parents, Mr. Yang was stubborn, but Mrs. Yang started sending James little letters of advice in the mail. Perhaps one day, she would be brave enough to visit them, but that wouldn't be anytime soon.

When Leona was five months into her pregnancy, Cher moved in to help the grateful couple out.

Six months in, Leona began getting more and more annoyed with everything and everyone except James. One minute she'd be close to biting Cher's head off; the next, she was crying about how lucky she was to have James. He was flattered but also terrified that his sister wouldn't make it to see the baby.

Seven months in, Winona and Marcus announced their engagement. "I'll throw you a wedding shower!" Leona suggested after Winona told her, rubbing her swollen belly. "We'll go to Napa and drink until we drop."

Winona couldn't stop laughing at that.

Eight months in, Tania and Fernanda threw Leona's baby shower. All her female friends and family came, and, to everyone's surprise, so did Mrs. Yang.

Leona's mother-in-law bought her a few teething rings and a certificate for a spa day. "I wish I could've had one of those when James was going to be born," she said, thinking back to her miserable pregnancy. "He was a handful, and I have a feeling she will be, too."

Leona was very grateful.

At nine months, Leona was ready to pop. Her daughter never sat still.

James was more excited than ever to be a father. Unlike his father, he planned to be warm and approachable, teaching his daughter everything under the stars.

Leona just wanted that kid out of her.

Finally, the day came. Leona was sitting on the couch with Cher, watching 10 Things I Hate About You for the billionth time. James was in the kitchen, eating a sandwich. Ever since he graduated from college, he'd had a lot less time to himself since he had to get more shifts at work and help Leona. On that particular day, however, Cher had it all under control. That is until Leona's water broke.

"Shit!" Leona kept saying as Cher and James helped her up from the couch, tears in her eyes. "Shit! I'm not ready!"

"You're ready!" Cher argued, opening the door for Leona to go through.

Leona kept shaking her head, no.

James nodded yes, like a mad man.

At the hospital, Leona went into the delivery room fast. James quickly got into scrubs and stood by Leona's side, dying a little inside whenever she cried out in pain.

In the delivery room, Cher paced around, nervous. It wasn't helping how the news talked about how a certain escaped serial killer was still at large. There was no way she was telling Leona that news.

Finally, after what felt like hours, the baby was born. Leona cried when she saw that she had James' eyes. She was their perfect piece of art.

"What'll you name her?" The nurse asked.

Leona looked at the blanket the nurses bundled her daughter into. The rose on the bottom looked redder than ever.

"Rosie," James answered because he saw the glint in Leona's eye. They smiled at each other. "We'll name her Rosie."

When they finally took her home a day later, Leona looked at James, eyes shiny.

She said: "My life's complete."

He added: "I can die happy."