𝟐𝟗

Contains
mature language
fluff
___________________________________

I stayed silent.

"Y/n, why's it bothering you?"

"Eren, stop."

"No."

"Maybe it's because I liked you too, okay?! Maybe for a second I thought we could be together or something, have a future. You like someone else though, someone that isn't me."

He lifted my chin, allowing us to make eye contact. He looked me in the eyes before talking again.

"Y/n, stop talking about yourself like that, please. For the record, there isn't another girl, there's only one girl and she's right in front of me."

"Ha, nice joke. Just tell me you don't like me and let's get this over with, it doesn't need to be worse then it already is. You don't need to makeup fake feelings for me just to make me feel better."

"I'm not making up feelings, though. I do like you Y/n, I always have. Mikasa was talking about you, no one else. I have liked you since 7th grade, and I don't think that's going to change either."

"Why didn't you just tell me earlier?"

"I don't know, I guess I was nervous of being rejected. But you know, I really do like you, and from what I'm hearing, you like me too."

"Maybe I do. Can I ask a question?"

Eren hummed in acknowledgment, notifying me to continue.

"Why did you always act like you hated me?"

"Because for some time, I did. You and Jean were always close, it made me angry. We weren't close, so there was no possible way I would ever be as close to you as he was. He also liked you for a long time and so did I, he knew that. I was just always jealous of how close he was to you, and for a long time I thought you liked him too."

"Well for your information, I never liked Jean. I also never really liked you either, though. I only started to like you around the time that we both attended anger management."

"You know, I'm glad we did meet at that meeting though."

"Yeah, me too."

The conversation fell into silence, before Eren started speaking again.

"You seriously didn't know I liked you that entire time? I thought I made it kinda obvious too."

"No, I'm being serious. I didn't know you liked me."

"Yeah, you're oblivious when it comes to noticing someone's feelings for you."

I knew it was directed at me. I decided not to push it any further and changed the subject.

"So uh how have you been? I know most of the time that we talk it usually consist of sexual jokes or arguing."

"Honestly? Later last night right before you texted me, Armin told me you didn't like me. He said he had some sort of conversation with you about my feelings for me or something."

"Eren, at the time I was confused about my feelings for you. Look on the bright side, at least you know Armin's looking out for you I guess. Also, all that matters now is that I finally have figured out those feelings for you."

Eren turned back in my direction, a smirk forming on his face.

"Which would be what exactly?" He cocked his eyebrow in confusion.