𝟐𝟎

contains
mature language
fluff
angst
________________________________

Months passed, and I still got no word from Eren. I'd regularly attend my anger management meetings, to which I now found boring and useless. We'd hardly even make eye contact anymore. I no longer replied with snarky comments, instead I just stayed silent. I wanted to hear his voice, something. I was too scared to start a conversation with him, though. I missed talking to him. I didn't even know why it affected me so much. All he'd done is talk to me a few times, nothing more. It was October finally, one of my favorite months out of the year. Fall was the only thing that was really keeping me calm, the only thing that wasn't making me lose my insanity.

October was also the last month I'd be attending anger management, since my nine months were up. It was mid October, meaning I wouldn't be attending anger management anymore. I felt something in my stomach turn at the thought of me no longer being able to see him. My anger management meetings were the only way I had been able to see Eren, the only real way I had communication with him. It was crazy to think that two months had passed, and neither one of us had said anything to the other.

I was starting to grow aggravated with his patience.

how long does he plan on not talking to me? he does know this was my last month, right? what the hell is he doing just waiting around?

Two months and no word from Eren. Two months with no communication. If he wasn't going to break the silence then I would. For the first couple weeks I managed without him, I thought maybe he'd be the one to talk first. He didn't. Instead, he ignored me for 2 months, which is why things are the way they are now.

I had an anger management meeting in an hour or so. This was supposed to be one of my last meetings for the time being. If I didn't say anything now, would he ever?

Half an hour passed, slow. The slowest I've ever experienced time move. I got into my car and made my way to the meeting. I was nervous.

why the hell am I so nervous?

I parked my car and made my way inside. I was excited. Excited that maybe I'd finally be able to talk to him, but he wasn't there. He didn't attend this meeting. I felt disappointed, I knew I shouldn't have given my hopes up. I sat in the chair I regularly sat in and began to drown out all the noise. I drowned everything out. I didn't care about paying attention. I was so out of thought, that I didn't notice a certain emerald eyed boy had take a seat.

I continued to stare off into nothing, before something caught my attention. Eren was waving his hand in front of my face, trying to catch my attention. I noticed that he wasn't in his regular seat, instead he was seated next to me. He didn't seem angry with me. He seemed happy. I gave him a small smile before directing my attention back to the speaker of the group. I sat and listened for once. I could feel Eren's eyes on me. I gave him a small smile and mouthed 'what?', to which he just shook his head.

Things seemed like they were going back to the way they used to be. I still hadn't forgot how he put his secret of a higher importance than our friendship, though. I didn't care, though, I was just enjoying his presence. After two months with no interaction from him, I had the right to feel happy about him being here. Eventually, the meeting ended. Everyone exited the building, making their way out to the parking lot. I spotted Eren, walking to his car.

it's now or never, y/n.

"Eren." I called out to him.

My voice was a little shaky, laced with nervousness.

He lifted a brow, like he was surprised that I finally talked to him.

"Yeah?"

"Um can I talk to you?"