Chapter 11 - A secret between me and you

Start from the beginning

He nodded in approval again. 'This guy is being too easy right now, giving me bad vibes'

I took out a pouch filled with gold. "My father has paid you but I'm paying extra for the secret" I threw him the pouch and he caught.

"You do as I say and maybe I can reward you handsomely." I cracked my finger a habit I do when I win.

"Oh, and before I forget" I took an envelope slip from the table beside me and slid it across the table.

"Pass this to a blacksmith and tell him this a request from Lady Diana."

I placed another pouch of gold on the table. "For the blacksmith"

"My lady what are intending to do with all this?" he asked curiously eyeing me suspiciously.

I stared into his brown eyes. "Don't worry I'm not intending on killing anyone. I'm a weak noble lady anyway. I just need to weapons to defend myself when I'm out there"

Mr Charles face calmed a little.

"Why must you defend yourself when you're living here?"

"I'm leaving to find myself a home I could live peacefully. Maybe a little cottage in the woods away from society or something" I lied.

"I see" he didn't say anything after.

"Remember Mr Charles this is a secret between the both of us. Don't utter a word to anyone" I shot a few daggering eyes at him making sure he gets my threat. He gulped.

"Y-yes" he panicked.

"It was nice working with you Mr Charles" I stood up and put my hand out for a hand shake. Mr Charles stared at confusion. I waited like an idiot before he shook my hand in confusion.

I forgot ancient noble women don't shake hands with other men or women in the matter of fact. 'Fuck my inner modern self' I cursed myself.

*Knock Knock*

"Permission to enter" I answered.

Lilly and Stella walked in with a trolley full of sweet and a pot a couple of tea cups.

My plan was going perfectly well than I thought.

-Ariana P.O.V-

"~la la~la la~" I hummed a lovely tune while brushing my locks of brown hair. Today was a great day for me. No. the best day that ever happened to me actually, last night was. My cheeks went red as I remembered dancing gracefully across the ballroom with the prince.

His tall muscular body waltzing me through the ball room gracefully as all the jealous eyes of the noble ladies were on us. His warm hand holding mines and my waist gently. I still remember his charming golden eyes looking into my eyes without glancing away not once while we danced wishing this moment would not end. "EEEEE" I squealed in joy.

It's sad to know that Diana was not there to witness it, oh I wish I had seen that humiliated bitchy face. Her beautiful innocent and loveable younger sister dancing with her fiancé oops I mean ex-fiancé.

"Hmph bitch that's what you get for going against me." I grinned at myself from the reflection.

"Just you wait I will get everything you ever wished you had. The prince, family and a kingdom." I cackled.

"Just imagine me. Empress Ariana wife of Emperor Damon" I blushed even more. Things are going great.

I plopped on my bed. 'I just love my life'

"I could just imagine the wedding, our life and...Kids" that slipped from my mouth. 'WAIT KIDS' the thought of his naked body on me, making love with me appeared in my mind. My face became red as a tomato. "Ariana you must not think of such things. You're a noble lady not a shameful woman who fantasies her future husband in bed" I smacked some sense into me.

*Knock knock*

"Come in" I answered sweetly. In came Stella and Lilly bowing their heads as they entered my room.

"My lady" they both greeted in sync.

"Anything I need to know about Diana" I said with a grin. I have been getting full detail about Diana for about as long as I can remember. Her plots, evil plans and everything else from these two lovely maids.

That's how I have schemed my way through of acting out as the innocent child of the Glacies.

"Yes, there is" Stella answered politely.

"Tell me" I looked like a puppy begging for treats.

The two maids looked at each other, their faces showed of worry.

"Well, what is it?" I said impatiently. I don't have all day; I need to go to the palace and see the prince.

"These last two days Diana has been acting kind of odd" Lilly stared out.

"I have noticed that" I tapped my chin remembering this morning's encounter and last night's absence.

"And the ugly dress she was supposed to wear last night she changed it." My eyes widened at Stella's statement. 'What does she mean changed it?'

"It was actually the most beautiful design I had ever laid eyes on even though it was rather odd looking" Stella said with sparkles in her eyes. 'Her dress was the most beautiful dress you had ever laid eyes on? Was it even better than mines? I must have that dress no matter what the cost' 

"I also eavesdropped on the conversation between the tailor and Diana however I was able to get a few details"

"What did they talk about" I asked. Was she planning of making a new dress? if she was, I need to muck it up again and I can't let her change it again.

"She said something about leaving the estate and living in some cottage in the forest"

I but my nail. 'She's leaving? No, she can't if she does then how will look more innocent in front of the prince" things are getting serious. Diana never thought of leaving. Who would want to leave and live in disgusting dirty small cottage with a bunch of dirty rats?

"Isn't that wonderful. You have the prince all to yourself without her interfering" Lilly excitedly cheered.

'Wait Lilly has a point. Who cares whether I look good in front of the prince because of Diana? The prince already loves or he would have never danced with me. I could send an assassin to get rid of her for good so she will never come back' 

"Does father know about this?" I asked.

"Yes, he knows that Diana is leaving however he forbid her to." 'What no! this is ruining everything'

"Apparently she seems to be going behind his back." Stella spoke hesitantly.

I grinned.

"Prepare me a gown" I ordered. "Yes" they both bowed before rushing to the closet.

'It seems I must meet my dear older sister and have a little chat'