Problems

"So, why do you think the flaming sword is even here. Didn't father destroy the sword as soon as you told him you were going to rebel?" Amenadiel asked.

     The 2 brothers were walking in downtown L.A.

     "Yes. But Riptide started flickering with flames. So I think that it has maybe the same properties. Or maybe it's the original sword." Percy replied.

     "So what are we doing?"

     "Well, we're going to see if we can find any information about the sword. If anyone knows anything."

     "Lucifer, these are mortals. They're not going to know anything."

     Percy just pointed at a sign that read "Christianity Explained! Questions Answered!"

     "How about that, Amenadiel?" Percy asked.

    They walked into a church. Immediately, someone spoke up. "What's burning?"

     Percy looked down at his butt. There was a small flame, burning his trousers. He patted it out and looked at the horrified crowd. He raised his arms in a placating manner. "Don't worry, I had to light a fire under my ass to come in here."

     The crowd laughed nervously, before facing the front. A pastor stood at the front. It was a black man, dressed in a priest's clothing. He had a beard, and his eyes oozed kindness. His hands were folded, as he stared at Percy intently.

     Percy and Amenadiel sat in a middle pew, and waited for it to begin.

     "Welcome, everyone. My name is Father Frank. And I am here to explain christianity for anybody that is interested in it. Know that this is completely optional, and I will not force you to join just because you are here. I will be starting at the beginning of creation, and then open the floor for questions." Frank explained.

     Father Frank explained for about half an hour, only reaching up til Cain and Abel. That was mostly because Frank went into extreme detail. He opened the floor to questions, and Percy took his chance.

     "So, you briefly mentioned a Flaming sword that guarded the Garden of Eden. What happened to it?"

     "That's a great question. What's your name?" Frank asked.

     "Lucifer. Thank you, padre." He said, a smile on his face.

     Frank laughed. "Well, Lucifer. No one really knows. Some say it was destroyed, while some say it was split into 3 different parts. Others say that it simply vanished out of existence when Jesus died, allowing humanity back into the garden."

     The 2 left 20 minutes later, having all questions answered. "So what do we do now?"

     "Well, I'm going back to Lux, you go back to your baby momma. I'll pray to you when I know more." Percy responded.

     Percy walked back to Lux, and walked into the building. Toledo was at the bar, pouring drinks. Percy sat at a seat. "How was your honeymoon?"

     "It was great! Sarah and I went to Paris, and now we're expecting. I guess it's called the city of love for a reason."

     Percy's smile became strained. "That's amazing. Well, I'm gonna head upstairs, I'm tired."

     Percy walked in the elevator, and pressed the button for the penthouse. Everything that happened today sucked. No leads on the Flaming Sword, and Toledo was having a child. Not that Percy wasn't excited for him, because he was, it's just that, well, you know his situation.

     The doors opened to the penthouse. Zoë was sitting at a desk, a file open. She flipped a page, before looking up. "Hey, Percy."

     "Hey, Zoë. Are those our finances?" He said, sitting next to her.

     "Yeah, still losing money."

     "Sounds about right. Hey, did you hear-"

     "That Toledo's having a kid? Yeah." She answered quickly.

     "You okay?" Percy asked, worried.

     Tears pricked at Zoë's eyes, as she turned her head and buried her face in his chest. "Why? Why can't we-" She couldn't finish her sentence.

     Percy said nothing, just holding her, rubbing her back. He stood up, and she followed, still wrapped in his arms. Her tears were wetting the suit shirt he was wearing. She wrapped her legs around his waist, not having the motivation to stand.

     Percy walked them to the bed, where he laid down, and raised the blanket to cover them. The warmth did little to stop the tears, but at least Percy was there. And she was glad.

     She had no one besides him. Her father disowned her, and now he was dead. Good riddance. Her sisters viewed her as a stranger, not part of their family, just like Percy's siblings did. Her former mistress was probably angry with her for lying to her about being a maiden and other things. All her sisters in the hunt probably thought she was dead or something.

     And suddenly, everything came crashing down.

    What was life for at this point? The only time she wasn't suffering was when she was Percy, and even then, he was trying to ensure their safety for the next 5 years. God knows how many angels would love to strike her down where she stood.

     Hell, the only reason Amenadiel didn't try and kill her, was because he owed Percy a favor. Attacking her would put that into jeopardy. And while Amenadiel could claim he was god's best warrior, that was only because Percy wasn't one of God's warriors. Percy could beat him anyday.

     What was the point? What is the point! The thoughts grew louder, her tears falling more often. The only warmth, coming from her husband next to her. Her husband next to her..

     Percy.

     He was still here, never giving up on her. Even after 2 millenia of not seeing each other, he was still here, at her side. Still providing comfort, still showing he cared.

     Maybe that was the point. Maybe it was different for everybody, but hers? Maybe it was because of him. Maybe, life is worth living for the people in that life, no matter how few you have.

     Percy just had her, just like how she only had him. Her tears slowly stopped, and she felt stronger than she ever had before.

     They fell asleep, the warmth finally taking their consciousness.

LINE BREAK

     "Next up, we have a crazy story. Man claiming to be God, now in a psych ward. More, after this break."

     Percy put his hands together, and closed his eyes.

     "Amenadiel, I might have a lead."

A/N. Wow. Uh, I know this wasn't funny, but it wasn't supposed to be. Like I've previously mentioned, I want there to be emotional stuff in this story too. And Percy is always getting the emotional stuff, so it's Zoë this time.

In case you didn't see earlier, I have a new planned ending for this story, one I like more than the previous one. I'm planning on writing both endings, and releasing the original as a one shot, but I might forget to do that, so remind me when this story's done.

Also, Father Frank was just a cameo, he's not coming back. I think. Also, Toledo works for Percy now, and has a wife! And soon a child!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it.

Thoughts?