Percy Remembers Something and Saves You From Some Shit

The town was small. It was also in the mountains, so the air was cold and thin. Roofs of cabins were covered in snow, and snow banks were lining every street. Tall pine trees rose over the valley, causing the shadows to darken the town, even though it was sunny out.

     Grover walked up to Percy. Zoë was walking next to Percy, while Thalia and Bianca weren't that far behind. Grover started talking, loud enough for the two in the back to hear. "So, uh, what's going on with you and Zoë?"

     Percy looked at Grover. "What's going on with you and that forest back at camp?" He said, deflecting the question.

     Grover blushed. "Nothing. You didn't answer the question."

     "You didn't either."

     They were now in the middle of town, and stopped walking. From there, they could see almost everything. There was a school, a lot of tourist shops, some cafe's, ski cabins, and one singular grocery store.

     "So. No bus station, no taxis, no car rental. What do we do?" Thalia said.

     "I don't know, but there's a coffee shop!" Grover said, excitedly.

     "Coffee sounds good." Zoë said.

     "Screw coffee, I want the pastries. And the wax paper." Grover replied.

     "Okay, so you two go get coffee. Percy, Bianca, and I will check out that grocery store. Hopefully they can give us some directions."

     "Meet back here in 15 minutes, alright?" Percy said.

     Everyone agreed.

     Bianca seemed to be a little uncomfortable with Percy and Thalia. But after a while, she seemed okay. They found out some information about Cloudcroft. First, there wasn't enough snow for skiing. Second, the grocery store sold rubber rats for a dollar. (Too low in Percy's opinion, those were worth at least 2 dollars.) Thirdly, there wasn't any way into or out of town unless you had your own car...

     ... Which Percy did. In his backpack.

     Percy said as such, causing Thalia to storm out of the store, mumbling about jstupid angels. The store clerk looked like he didn't get paid enough to care, which he probably didn't. So Percy bought a rubber rat. And he paid 3 dollars, 2 for the rat, and 6 cents for tax. The remaining 94 cents went to the clerk. Maybe he could use 2 quarters as Beyblades or something. Hours of enjoyment.

     Percy and Bianca sat on the porch, neither making conversation. Finally, she started with a, "Nice rat."

     Percy put it on the railing, and mimicked jumping motions with it. He was supposed to be 14 after all. "Thank you."

     "You're welcome." She paused, as if nervous to continue. "Do you think that... that you could help me again?"

     Percy smiled. "Sure."

     He got up, and sat down next to her. "You are going to want to extend your senses. Just feel what's around you."

     Bianca closed her eyes. "This is weird."

     "Do you feel any disturbances?"

     "Yes. They're below me..."

     "Try and bring them to the surface." Percy guided.

     Beads of sweat formed on her forehead, while her face scrunched up in concentration. She raised her hand, as if summoning something. Right by the stairs up to the porch, a little wishbone popped up, before flying through the air, and landing in Bianca's waiting palm, where she closed her fingers around it.