Rebirth

Percy Jackson was born on August 18, 1992. He definitely gave the doctors and his mother a shock when he was born with wings. You heard that right. As soon as he left the womb, majestic pearly white wings sprouted from his back. The doctors tried to cut them off. It didn't work as only blades forged in Heaven or Hell could wound him. So they just tried to do all the normal stuff, but they couldn't get his blood type. So they just put his mom's.

     As Percy grew up, his mother Sally noticed weird things about him. He had a very good sense of justice and punishment. He could reveal any person's desires just by asking them. He just knew when deals were broken. Add in the fact that nothing could cut the kid, and he was ridiculously strong, Sally definitely thought that there was more to him than just being the son of Poseidon.

     In school, he earned the nickname 'Lucifer' because he resembled the one from christianity. Just without the "evilness" and "causing humanity's sins" part. Which he didn't do in the 1st place. He would advocate for free will and punish people for stuff they did wrong. Not mundane stuff though, just the big stuff. Bullying, lying, stuff like that.

     It was like that till the 6th grade. He had yet again been kicked out for not only his ADHD and Dyslexia, but also because of his Lucifer-ness. By now, people rarely ever called him Perseus, or Percy even. Everyone called him Lucifer. To Percy however, it felt familiar. He felt used to it.

     But it was again time for a new school. 6th grade at Yancy Academy. And he had a new friend. This kid named Grover. Grover was scrawny, had crutches, was ginger and acne all over his face. He did have the start of a goatee though. They were roommates.

     About halfway through the year, the weather went really freaky. It was like the sky and the sea were trying to kill each other. Grover seemed to be really nervous. He was shaking and every time there was thunder, he would look around nervously, like someone was out to get him.

     Strangely enough, his new Latin teacher also seemed to be nervous whenever thunder boomed. He flinched as if he had had experience with lightning and it wasn't pleasant. No one else seemed to notice it so Percy just ignored it.

     Until that day at the museum. It had started with Percy and Grover being bullied. Grover because he was a scrawny ginger disabled kid and Percy because he defended Grover from being bullied. Of course it wasn't obvious that that's what they were being bullied for, as they were just dodging Peanut Butter and Ketchup sandwiches that were being thrown at them.

     They had gotten to the museum and walked to the Greek Mythology section. Mr. Brunner had asked him a question. "Mr. Jackson, what is this a picture of?"

     Percy looked at it and instantly recognized it. "That's Kronos eating his children."

     "And he did this why?" Mr. Brunner asked.

     "Because when he overthrew his father, Ouranos, he received a prophecy that his children will overthrow him the same way as he did to his father."

     "And what were the consequences?" Mr. Brunner asked.

     "They overthrew him because he ate them." Percy said.

     "Good job Mr. Jackson. Full credit."

     Mr. Brunner then started leaving them outside to eat lunch. But as Percy made his way outside, his Pre-Algebra teacher, Mrs. Dodds stopped him. "Come with me."

     She led him to the Christianity section. In front of them was a carved picture of Lucifer Morningstar in Hell ruling it with a sword in his hand. The weird thing is that the sword didn't look like it belonged. Most of the picture was white but the sword had hints of red, black, and bronze, almost as if someone had painted over it.