Returns

A/N. I made a song...

Who's been betraying Percy

It's been Annabeth all along

Who's been spying on Percy

It's been Annabeth all along. 

      Percy reached out to gently grab Cerberus by the scruff of his neck(s). He held the puppy as if it was a newborn baby. He looked around to see Grover below them, still falling with no ground in sight. Percy unfurled his wings, put Cerberus on hids shoulder and flew to below Grover. He caught the satyr bridal style and flew back up to the Underworld. When they arrived at the mouth of the cave that led to Tartarus, Percy lowered Grover and Cerberus.

     Luckily, Annabeth wasn't as smart as she thought she was, because she didn't take the backpack. The duo and puppy made their way to Hades' palace. Percy kicked down the palace gates. The gates went flying all the way to the palace doors, denting the black and gold doors.

     Cerberus left the duo at that point, as he had to go guard the gates of Erebus. Percy and Grover walked through the halls of the palace and ended up at the doors to the throne room. As soon as they entered the throne room Percy could feel Hades' aura, not that it affected him.

     "Well son of Poseidon, you are very brave, or incredibly foolish for coming here. Especially after what you did to me." Hades said, about to start his monologue about how Percy wronged him, and how Percy should give him the bolt.

     But Percy couldn't give two fucks about that and cut him off by reaching into the backpack and pulling out the Helm of Darkness. "Here's your fuckin' hat. Someone else took it, not me, and Ares had it, you asshole." And then promptly left. Grover following close behind.

     Percy grabbed Grover's hand and flew them to the beach. Coincidently, there was a certain biker there, his headlight turning the sand a blood red.

     Ares turned to look at the questers causing Percy to grain. "What the fuck do you want now?" Percy asked.

     "You were supposed to die down there. Kind of their thing." Ares said trying to be snarky. The only thing that happened to Percy was heartache. That sentence was close to what was one of the last things his wife said to him before she went to check out the Hunters for reasons that were omitted from his dream for some reason.

     "Not gonna say anything, punk? Very well, just keep that voice quiet as I kill you." Ares said with a smug grin on his face.

    Ares brought out a huge 2 handed sword and charged at Percy. He ran his sword through Percy's chest. Except it didn't, the sword just pierced the suit and bounced off of his skin.

     "Do you know what you just did?" Percy asked scarily. "You just ruined a perfectly good Bunbury!" He yelled poking a finger through the whole in his suit jacket.

    Ares backed up, shocked. Not only did his blade not pierce his skin, Percy was more mad about the suit. Frustrated, he willed the sword to change into a rifle, a M-16 to be exact, and fired 26 rounds into Percy, who felt nothing but a pinch.

     Percy just walked slowly to Ares. While he did that, rivers of water from the sea flew along the sand to Percy and flew up his back. They started forming wings with balls of water in each hand.

     Ares had crouched to reload his rifle and only looked up when Percy was right in front of him. The last thing he saw was Percy's arms raising and his hands slamming into his head, before he blacked out.

    Percy flew him and Grover to New York with his wings. Only took him about 15 minutes. Percy dropped Grover off at camp, telling him that Annabeth had already been lost, they didn't need another quest member missing. He then flew off to return the bolt.

     The security guard was a pain in the ass to get through, but once Percy showed her the Master Bolt, she let him through.

     Olympus reminded Percy of Heaven. Just, worse. Sure, it had the same divine vibe, the white substituted for the silver, but it just couldn't match the silver city. And gazing onto the city of the gods, well, it made the fallen archangel homesick, even though he hadn't lived in Heaven for millennia.

     The residents, well, they would be like his siblings back home, if they had wings and were flying and walking, instead of just walking. After walking down the road to the Throne Room for 5 minutes, he decided to power-walk. Took him about 2 more minutes of power-walking.

     He opened the doors to the throne room to see an argument raging on. All the Olympians were there except for Ares for obvious reasons. Percy sighed and walked over to the hearth and sat next to the 8-year old girl that was tending it.

     "Hey Hestia. How are you doing?" Percy asked.

     Hestia laughed softly at the way Percy addressed her. "I am doing quite alright. Though I might lose my hearing if I have to hear any more of this arguing."

     Percy chuckled. "I'm pretty sure I just lost mine."

     They sat there just idly chatting until Zeus finally addressed him.

     "Look, here's your God-Damned cuddle zapper." Percy said and pulled out the Master Bolt, laying it on the floor. 

     "DO YOU NOT SHOW RESPECT!?" Zeus yelled.

     "No, no I don't." Percy said then walked out, leaving a stunned council behind. Apollo's face slowly broke out into a grin. "Ooh, I like this kid."

LINE BREAK

     The rest of the summer was weird. No one knew why Annabeth hadn't come back with them, and no one was going to find out. Percy and Grover kept the secret locked, like it was in the Oreo Vault in Norway.

     Luke was acting pretty suspicious as well. It was when Luke had just finished talking to his master, that he was finally caught. He turned to walk out of the forest, but froze when he saw Percy sitting there on a rock.

     "Who were you talking to?" Percy asked innocently.

     "No one." Luke replied nervously.

     "You sure it wasn't a certain grandfather of mine?"

     Luke's eyes widened dramatically. He drew his new sword, a half mortal steel, half celestial bronze blade. Percy's face stayed the same, stoic. Before Percy could do anything, Luke swiped his sword through the air and disappeared in a flash of darkness, gone without a trace.

END OF ARC 1