chapter twenty one: who did this?

Start from the beginning

"Whatever you say Anna," Devyn shifts in his seat. "But trust me when I say this, she didn't do that."

The bell rings for lunch. Such convenient timing.

While sitting at lunch I'm silent. I'm not sure whether to bring up that I think Charlotte did it anymore, well, I'm not sure that she DID do it. When she pushed me over, that was in the first weeks of school. Ever since then she's been nice to me like nothing ever happened.

"Your quiet today." One of my friends noticed that I wasn't talking.

Kate adds, "Is this about yesterday? Any ideas on who did it?"

I lie, "Nope, I have no idea."

That's all I say for the rest of lunch. I spent the rest of the time thinking about who did it but I'm stumped. I actually have no idea.

I go through the rest of my classes silent, even in Mikes class. Wait. I remember something on the note. It said something about Mike beating my ass, so whoever did it knows that I have Mike as my mentor! Okay so the only people that know is.... basically everyone in my grade... Damn it, this doesn't help me at all.

"Have something else on your mind besides Geography Anderson?" Mike questions me.

"No sir, sorry I'll get back to work." I answer him respectfully so he will get off my back. 

Suddenly the whole class bursts into laughter, I didn't see what they laughed at so I look up to see Mia doing some stupid shit. Of course. She wrote on the board that Mike has a small dick. Classic.

"You guys think this is funny? I'm writing notes to everyones mentor unless someone speaks up on who wrote that!" Mike commanded in the scary tone he uses.

The class groans, of course I'm not going to snitch on Mia, I'll just wait until someone else does it. But the class stays silent.

"Fine. Notes it is!" Mike sighs.

"IT WAS MIA!!" Carrie stands up and points to her. Of course Carrie snitched. She has always been a suck up to Mike and a bitch to everyone else in her way. It's like she's obsessed with him or something. Honestly it's really weird.

Mia and Carrie get into a bickering battle, accusing one another until Mike calls it off. 

"ENOUGH!" Mike raises his voice, "I do not tolerate this kind of behavior in my classroom. Of all people, you should know that Carrie. I am disappointed in you both." He glances at her. "I am going to write notes to BOTH of your mentors."

I really shouldn't do what I'm about to do, but this is my way of making it up to Mia. "It was Carrie! I watched her write it!" I wrongly accuse her.

Carrie gasps, "you liar! I would never write such things about my-" she stares at Mike like she wants to make out with him. "My...teacher!" She finishes.

Mike makes direct eye contact with me, "Is this true Anna?" 

To my surprise, Clay answers for me. "It is Mike, I watched her do It." 

"Me too" Someone else says. Suddenly everyone is accusing Carrie. Probably because no one likes her.

"Lying to my face Carrie? I expected much more from you." Mike says, disappointment in his eyes.

"WHAT?? I didn't do it! I swear!!" She babbles.

"Enough with the lies Carrie, I'm going to contact your mentor, end of discussion everyone! Get back to work."

Wow. I'm surprised that worked! That bitch Carrie finally gets what she deserves. I look over at her desk and she has that stupid stuck up bitch mad face on. A couple more minutes go by and the bell rings for mentor period. Carrie looks scared, as she should be.