𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸 !

   "You missed the turn." Alice spoke up from the passenger seat. Paul stayed silent, driving through the streets of London smoothly rather than his normal speeding.

"Paul." Alice spoke. "You missed the turn." She said once again.

Paul glanced over at Alice and nodded. "I know." He said quietly as he made a left turn.

"Well, make a u-turn." She said harshly and rolled down her window, pulling out a pack of woodbines from her purse.

Paul shook his head. "No." He hummed.

Alice rolled her eyes and lit two cigarettes, handing one to Paul. "Look I'm not in the mood, Paul." She muttered. "I just wanna go home and go to bed."

Paul just ignored Alice's pleads, smiling to himself as he pulled in front of a driveway. Parking the car, Paul hopped out and opened the gate in front of them before getting back into his mini and driving through.

"Where are we?" Alice said, feeling a bit uneasy.

"My house." He said and parked the car.

Alice raised an eyebrow, watching as Paul emerged from his car and walked around to Alice's side, opening the door.

"Why?"

He didn't answer once again, only helped her out of the car and then up to his porch.

"Paul." She mumbled. "You're scaring me."

"Nonsense." He grinned and opened the door to his lovely home. Although Alice was quite anxious with his behavior, she followed him in. Paul led her to his living room where he sat down on the sofa and turned on the television.

Alice stood in the archway still confused. He just rolled his eyes and patted the seat next to him, gesturing for her to sit.

"Come 'ed, love."

Alice narrowed her eyes and took a seat next to him on the sofa. "Why am I here?"

Paul shifted in his seat and shrugged. "I dunno." He said.

"I figured you wouldn't wanna go home because sooner or later Ginny would be there," he spoke up. "and if I would've offered you to come over here you would've said
no— you're stubborn y'know tha'?"

Alice looked down at her lap, a smile making its way to her lips. "I know." She said softly.

"But, you could've said that in the car rather than kidnapping me."

Paul's cheeks flushed and he just shrugged. "You still wouldn't have come."

"I know." She sighed, leaning back and closing her eyes. Paul turned so that he was facing Alice, his eyes lingering on her perfectly sculpted face.