𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇 !

The Monty's and The Beatles had finished recording around nine o'clock that night

The Monty's and The Beatles had finished recording around nine o'clock that night. They had laid down the whole song and had gotten quite aquatinted with each other. Alice found herself off with Ringo and George often, chatting amongst themselves about Bond movies and cars whenever they weren't laying down vocals or guitar riffs.

She couldn't bring herself to really chat with Paul except for a few simple "that's good" and "great bass line".

It wasn't that she assumed they had anything going on, it was that she was way too embarrassed with herself for thinking that Paul had even a lick of attraction towards her.

Obviously she didn't know the truth.

After a long and hard day of work, Alice found herself curled up in her blanket ridden bed with a novel, Wuthering Heights to be exact.

It was nearly one am and she still hadn't been able to fall asleep. Although, Sleep wasn't really on her agenda at that point, only reading and wallowing in self pity.

Maybe it was the fact that she missed home, or maybe because she couldn't help but think about Paul, but Alice couldn't keep her mind empty enough to even think about sleeping.

  A simple ring of the telephone broke Alice out of her dazed trance. With urgency, she jumped out of bed and into the kitchen where the phone was located.

If she weren't so far away from home she probably wouldn't have been so worried about who was on the other end of the line. She was constantly in fear that the ringing of the phone was to tell her that either her uncle or grandmother had passed onto the next life.

"Hello?" Alice said into the phone, praying to herself that it wasn't her father.

"Alice?" A thick british accent seeped through the line.

Suddenly Alice forgot what she had been losing sleep over. All the tension released from her body when she heard his saddened voice.

"Paul?" She said quietly.

"Yeah."

"It's nearly one am, what're you doing calling me up at this hour?" She scolded him.

"I-I..." he stuttered, but couldn't seem to find the words.

Alice waited patiently as the line went silent. "Well?"

"Could I stop by?" He questioned. He almost sounded as if he were pained.

Alice bit her lip. "Can't this wait until tomorrow, Paul?"

The boy sighed. Alice could tell he was rubbing his sleepless doe eyes.

"Y-yeah." He muttered.

Alice's heart wrenched at the sound of his voice. He sounded so... hurt. "Paul?" She said quietly.