𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 !

MAY 1ST 1965

The sun had just began to set in London as the evening bus came to a complete halt in front of Spirit pub. It was Thursday night and the girls were due to perform at the small venue to their usual crowd. Alice stood up from her bus seat and flattened the skirt of her off white pantsuit before grabbing her guitar case, Ginny following along. Ever since Brian had gotten the girls their new suits, he insisted that they wear them whenever they performed. No more jeans and button ups. Only blazers, turtlenecks, and skirts.

Alice and Ginny hopped off the bus and made the short walk to Spirit, lugging their equipment with them. "I hate these damn suits, I can barely walk." Alice muttered and opened the door to the pub. Ginny snickered behind her but agreed. "It's a bit tight," She said and followed her sister towards the back room where they tuned their instruments every Thursday night.

"Bloody hell, what's with the suits?" Said Mike, startling the two girls. Alice gave him a glare as she pulled out her guitar from its case and began to tune it. "Don't talk to me unless you have a beer hidden behind your back, Michael." Alice muttered making the bartender chuckle. "Cheeky." He hummed and handed her the beer that he indeed had hidden behind his back.

"Our new manager is making us wear them whenever we perform." Ginny said, smiling weakly at him.

Mike just laughed. "You know... The Beatles had to do the same thing." He quipped. "You don't say." Said Alice. Ginny rolled her eyes and looked up at Mike. "Grab me a coffee, would you?" She asked the man sweetly. Mike nodded his head and walked out from the back room to fetch the shy girl her coffee. 

After two beers and one coffee, it was time for Alice and Ginny to hit the stage. The two girls hopped onto their stools and smiled at the small audience they had, it had to be every bit of ten people. But they didn't care. "Good-evening, we're the Montgomery Sisters." Alice said softly into the microphone as the small audience clapped. "Tonight we're starting off with Yakety Yak by The Coasters."

Ginny bit her lip and got closer to the microphone before singing. "Take out the papers and the trash." Ginny strummed her guitar as Alice beat her hands on the back of her guitar, emitting a drum beat into the microphone she had positioned in front of her. "or you don't get no spending cash / if you don't scrub that kitchen floor / you ain't gonna rock and roll no more!" Alice felt herself smile as her sister sang. Yakety Yak wasn't a song that Alice and Ginny normally performed because it wasn't necessarily intended for females to sing, but they liked it and it had a good beat. "Just finish cleanin' up your room / Let's see that dust fly with that broom!" Alice sang into the microphone, taking the second verse just like she and Ginny had rehearsed.