"Okay, can you do something?"

Melissa stood up straight. "Me do something? I'm relatively new to all of this. And there's a sheriff's deputy stationed right outside the door."

"Have you tried calling Derek?" Isaac asked her, neither of them knowing that the blonde was awake, her eyes were still closed as she listened to the conversation.

"Like, five times." Melissa said as she pulled off her rubber gloves. "Do you have any other werewolf emergency contacts besides Gwen?" She nodded towards the girl, and Isaac turned to look at her for a moment, before turning to look back towards Melissa.

"Yeah." He paused for a second before saying, "Call Scott."

Melissa nodded before walking out of the room and being stopped by Noah. Isaac turned his head to look at his girlfriend, closing his eyes as he called out to her. "I know you're not sleeping." Gwen opened her eyes and turned her head to look at him, offering him a small smile as she stood up, running a hand through her blonde curls as she moved to sit on his hospital bed. She carefully grabbed his hand, looking down at it for a moment before meeting his eyes and offering him a gentle smile.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better now that I'm starting to heal." He nodded his head. He then nodded towards the chair she had been in. "Were you here all night?"

Gwen pursed her lips for a moment, before slowly nodding her head. "I just wanted to make sure that you were okay."

"Shouldn't you be at school?" Isaac hummed, raising an eyebrow at her.

Gwen shrugged. "You being alive is more important than learning math."

"Gwen, I'm okay." He assured her.

That's when the door opened. A woman with long dark hair walked in, a needle in her hand and a kind smile on her face. "Hello, Isaac."

The wolf sat up. "Hi."

"How are we feeling?"

He glanced towards Gwen before looking back towards the nurse. "Like I was telling Gwen, I'm good. Go to school." He narrowed his eyes at her. "I'll be right behind you, okay?" She looked at him for a moment before reluctantly nodding and giving him a quick kiss. She offered the nurse a small smile before making her way out of the room.

"He finally convince you to leave?" Melissa asked. Gwen pursed her lips and Melissa sighed, knowing that look. Saying she was going to leave, when really she was going to stay was exactly what Gwen was doing. "Alright. Well, I'm going to call the school in order to get Scott out of class, get me when he arrives." Gwen nodded her head before watching as Melissa got on the phone.

Gwen made her way outside, watching as Scott entered the hospital parking lot. He immediately saw the blonde and made his way over. He looked towards the girl a softly sighed. He placed a hand on her shoulder before the two made their way inside, finding Melissa who was quick to explain everything to Scott―︎the story in which Gwen was not told seeing as she had been asleep when Isaac told Melissa what happened, and told her to go to the school because he didn't want her to worry. Now, she was worried, terrified, and furious all at the same time and it was messing with her.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Scott asked his mother.

"Or me?" Gwen shot back.

"Honestly, I was hoping I didn't have to." Melissa admitted.

Scott frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Everything that you've been doing, the extra reading, the summer school, saving up for a bike, even though it scares me half to death. . . honey, I just didn't want to disrupt a good rhythm."

𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑━︎━︎I. Lahey ✓︎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें