Chapter 18- A for Effort

Start from the beginning

But what people don't tell you is how hard it is. 

I'm thinking about my possibilities when my phone pings with a text. I want it to be Jimin, trying to make up, (even though it's probably my fault), but instead it's Namjoon. 

Hey, can you come out to your window? The text from him reads. 

Oh gosh, is something wrong?

Confused and slightly worried, I walk over to my window, shove the curtains aside, nearly get blinded by the sun, and then open my window. 

It squeaks so loudly I wouldn't be surprised if my neighbors heard it through their wall. 

Then I look through the screen, just to see Namjoon standing below my window. Holding a mini speaker.

He looks like he's very much regretting his life choices. 

*Cue meme: Why am I here... just to suffer...* 

"Namjoon!" I call down to him, laughing slightly. "What are you doing here?"  

He sighs, and I can even hear it from the second floor. Instead of answering, he just fumbles with the speaker, clearly trying to find the play button. 

Clearly he's trying to emulate the movie "Say Anything", where the main guy woos his love and wins her over by going to her house and professing his love while holding a boombox. 

But because it's the 21st century and no one has boomboxes anymore, he's instead holding a speaker. 

I wait patiently, trying to figure out why he's here, expecting music to come blasting out any second. Namjoon is flipping the speaker around, trying to find the button to play, when suddenly it tumbles out of his hands and crashes to the hard pavement. 

Namjoon curses and goes to retrieve it, assessing it for damage. While I'm dying laughing. 

His hand goes to the bridge of his nose, and then he turns to left, muttering, "It broke."

I hear him say it quietly, and I nearly trip over my bed in my laughter. That's when I notice the rest of the guys running towards him from behind the wall separating my house and my neighbor's. 

They rush at him, smacking him, laughing. "Ughhh," Jimin moans. "Why did I trust you with this responsibility?"

Namjoon shrugs. 

Jimin sighs, and then turns to me, looking upward at my window. "This was supposed to be romantic," he calls. "Music, us singing for you, like a real romance. And I thought the only reason you'd come out is if someone else was out here instead of me."

I leave my room and run down the stairs. I yank the door open and leap into Jimin's arms, hugging him, still cackling at the mishap of everything. 

"This was so sweet," I tell Jimin, my head buried in his neck. Eventually I place my feet on the ground again. "It's the thought that counts," I add.

He laughs, shaking his head. "Are we good? I'm so sick of us fighting."

I nod. "We're good. Let's just focus on the positive for now. And I'm sorry I grabbed the slice of pizza from you. That was uncool."

He smiles, chuckling. "I've never seen you so determined for something."

I shrug. "Food will do that to a person."

"Clearly."

Laughing, Jimin wraps his arms around me and we walk inside my house. "What do you want to do?" I ask him.