Deal of a Lifetime

"Annika?" He called out.

They were at their hideout that was used when Mahi was in their lives. Now, it was their peace spot for whenever they needed an escape from the real world.

Shivaay's wife cum girlfriend was staring at the stars that were not usually visible in the area of Mumbai they resided in.

Legally, the couple were still married, but they decided to court each other and live the dating phase, you can say.

"Annika?" He once again called out.

"Haan?" She whined and turned to her side to only see her husband on his knees.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

That day, a 'yes' was uttered, and a couple's first kiss took place.

A few months later, a couple got married, and the bride wore a blue lehenga just as the groom requested her to.

***

"Good morning, Love." Shivaay said, looking at Annika, who walked downstairs in her satin pajama set. Hair disheveled. Face full of glow. He was really happy, and he knew his wife was too. OmRu and their better halves' arrival has filled their hearts and home with such happiness.

"How do you wake up so early with that little sleep, Billuji?" Annika whined sleepily, walking up to him and laying her head on his shoulder.

Shivaay sighed listening to the nickname he hated the most and went on stirring the veggies that were in the pan.

"Wait, today is my turn to make breakfast?" Annika lifted her head and frowned.

"Who cares who makes it? You were sleeping, so I decided to make it."

"But today is my day!" Annika shouted.

Shivaay stopped doing whatever he was doing to make breakfast and held her by her shoulders. "Love, you need some sleep. You are really cranky."

"I am not cranky. I am just trying to tell you that today is my day to cook."

Annoyed now, Shivaay matched her whining tone. "Please, as if you liked cooking before."

"What?"

"You literally burnt ramen. Ramen. Maybe, you should not talk about cooking."

This is ridiculous! "That was once, and that too 8 years ago. How can you still tease me for something that occured so long back." She huffed, irritated with her husband.

"I am going to tease you about that for the rest of my life. You literally were about to set your apartment on fire that day." He laughed softly and pecked her nose.

"You..."

"Even after moving to Goa, your petty arguments have not come to an end." Om's voice interrupted their argument-turned-romance session.

"Om, good morning." Annika greeted, forgetting all about their little squabble.

"Morning."