Chapter 24 - The Reservoir

A few days had passed since Winters escaped and Heisenberg was almost always busy, so I started to see less and less of him. On cloudy days I would take small trips to visit Duke. I was thankful that Heisenberg was more confident in my abilities, so I didn't need him when I wanted to leave the factory.

I made my way down to the courtyard where Duke was always set up but this time I had to wait, and hide myself from Winter's. I noticed how Duke was holding a doll.

"Does this look familiar to you...?"

"Yes Duke, please don't remind me of that place...I have another flask though, now who is next?"

"That would be Moreau...a being of twisted flesh that lives in the reservoir past the windmills. It is said he is not the only monster that lives in those waters."

"Thank you Duke, I shall be going then"

"Just a second Winter's...There is one more you must be informed about"

"Another...Who?"

"The most dangerous...(Y/N). She isn't a Lord but holds great power. I would beware her at all costs. It was said Heisenberg was supposed to kill her many months ago, but she is very much still alive."

"Thanks for the warning Duke" I watched as a smile grew on his face.

The man makes his way towards one of the doors in the courtyard, once he has cleared it I make my way to Duke.

"Ah...(Y/N) what do I owe for the visit today?"

"Just a visit...Heisenberg has been rather...Occupied lately." I roll my eyes, the man barely even talks to me anymore.

"Well, do you wish to window shop?"

"Yes...I shall"

Duke shows me the new product available but nothing catches my eye, I can hear gunshots in the distance. I turn around to look towards that door Winter's walked through. I grow ever so curious about what he is doing.

"I can see your curiosity, I wouldn't worry about what lurks behind those doors. It would be Winters I would worry about though"

"What do you mean Duke, he is but a mortal man"

"Indeed he is, but a mortal man full of rage. Hunting those who hold the pieces of his daughter" Duke's eye gazes down to the necklace around my neck, I watch as he tilts his head before smiling.

"Heisenberg was a smart man"

"Duke, what do you mean by that?" I looked up at him in confusion.

"You will learn in time my dear, now I'm sure you should be returning to the Factory?"

"Till we meet again Duke" I turn around, but the thought arises in my mind. Why did Duke look at my necklace? Why make the comment about Heisenberg? It's just a common gem, that's all.

I made my way into the village, I didn't feel the need to return to the Factory after all it's not like Heisenberg would even notice I was gone. I walk towards the northern end of the village, hearing the gunshots grow louder. I must say my curiosity got the best of me though. Before I knew it I was crawling through a small hole in a nearby fence, making my way towards the Reservoir. From a distance I watch as Winter's enters the windmill, minutes pass so I decide to follow in after him. Once inside I noticed how there was an elevator. It had already been called and was at the bottom of the shaft.

"Just great...Guess this adventure is over" I say to myself before turning back the way I came. I make my way back towards the courtyard, then back to the Factory. As I was making my way across the bridge I looked over the edge to notice the gates to the Reservoir had been activated, water began to rush out. I could hear screams and explosions. I ran the rest of the way back to warn Heisenberg of what I believed happened to Moreau. What could I say I was scared of what would happen if Winter's had made his way to the Factory. Then again Heisenberg was pretty confident in himself, maybe he can get Winter's to side with us.