Chapter 17 - Who Are You?

I awoke before dawn, I patted around the bed for Heisenberg but he was nowhere to be found. I pushed myself out of bed and headed to the bathroom, after I was finished up and changed into more appropriate clothing for the cold I wandered out to the living room, where I found Heisenberg still passed out on the floor, his blanket was barely covering his lower regions and his chest was fully exposed. I quietly sneak past him making sure to not make a sound, I grab his coat off the couch and head towards the front doors of the factory. Quietly I open the heavy doors and make my way to the outside world, once outside I begin to wander back towards those huge gates from when I was brought here. I notice how it is impossible to open them without some sort of switch. I stand in defeat ready to accept failure. As I was lowering my head I noticed a small hole in the fence, I walked over to it and examined the size of the hole.

"It's small but I should fit." I think before climbing through the hole.

Once outside the gates I begin my walk across a stone bridge. Out of curiosity I walk over to the side and look down seeing how far the drop is. I feel uneasy and back away quickly from the side, I continue my mission towards the village. I walk past an area with huge statues of what looks to be some type of royalty carved into the stone walls. I wander down a path until I reach a set of doors, I push them open and walk forward. I walk into a huge country yard area where I'm greeted by a rather large man sitting inside his carriage.

"Well hello (Y/N)" the man says to me in a rather friendly way.

"How do you know my name?" I question him.

"I know all dear, now I'm sure you're hungry." my stomach grows at me after he speaks and I look at him in confusion.

"I guess...I am hungry."

"Splendid, give me just a minute to cook some Herbed Fish." I wait passionately as the smell of fish fills the air around us. I watch as he plates the fish and then hands me some, the fish looks marvelous and is plated beautifully. I scarf down the food and hand him back the plate.

"Thank you very much, you're very kind."

"It's my pleasure."

"May I ask your name?"

"I am the Duke."

"Well thank you Duke for everything."

I begin to walk towards a set of doors with wings on them, before I push them open I hear a voice call out to me.

"I wouldn't go to the village (Y/N) , it's a very dangerous place." I look back at the Duke and wander back over to him.

"What do you mean dangerous?" I question him.

"Lycans roam over the village now and other more dangerous creatures."

"I'm sure I can handle them well Duke."

"Oh I know you could but I also know you can't handle the sun very well, can you." I pause and look at him in shock, how does he know so much?

"I would head back to once you came, day is approaching fast (Y/N)."

I had completely forgotten to watch the sky for the sunrise, I began to run back to the factory in fear as to what would happen to me if I was suck outside once the sun rose. My panic starts to set in as I cross through the area with the stone statues. I can see the sun rising in the horizon as I cross the stone bridge, as I'm running back the gates of the factory are open I dart my way through and make my way back to the front doors of the factory. I manage to close the doors just in time before the sun covers the earth. I make my way back to the living room to find Heisenberg missing. I look all around the floor for him but he's nowhere to be found,"What if he went looking for me, that's why the gate was open." I think to myself before sitting on the bed. I lay down to relax, I wonder what will happen when Heisenberg returns, how much trouble I will be in for leaving the factory.