Lights, camera. Time for some action🎬

People. I love them! Their stories. What motivates them? Makes them who they are? Knowing that... Well what can I say? Except that it makes me know myself. I mean it when I say everyone has a story and only they decide if it's worth telling. By the way they choose to tell it and whatever that 'way' maybe or whoever we share them with. Remember to do it without a care because people can't hear beyond what they already understand.

Breathe.

"Now rest the awareness of your mind in space." A guided meditation was exactly what I needed to unwind from my emotional rollercoaster of a work week!

Deep breath.

"Can you rest your awareness in time & space?" My eyes closed and focused. Back straight. I sat up in a lotus position. With an aim to calm my chaotic mind.

Inhale

"Now free yourself." I noticed my heels left permanent dents on the yoga mat whenever I did this for too long.

Exhale

"Free yourself... from both time and space." Finally my mind. Blank as a black board. Can you remember the last time you experienced that?

Just breathe.

"Center your awareness in the time & space your body occupies." I loved his voice. It takes you away from this world.

Deep breathing.

"Can you rest your awareness on the thoughts of your mind?" I exhaled.

"Raina!" & that was my cue to snap back to reality. "Raina!" My sister yelled. Well, it was fun while it lasted. "open the damn door! NOW!" My eyebrow curved up & I rethought opening that door. Maybe... I need this state of peace to last a little bit longer.

"Anchor yourself & your thoughts." The meditation played on.

"I need your help with the baby!" Rija banged desperately on my door.

"Why can't Ahmed Bhai take care of her?" I reasoned. "It's a Sunday."

"He won't." It was frustrating. " And! What kind of a stupid question is that!?!?" Like when have you ever seen him take care of Bia?" Point but also — not my problem.

"I'm in the shower!" I screamed. She wasn't getting in the way of me & my 'me' time.

"I can literally hear THAT stupid meditation playing." Now she was angry... "That's it. I'm opening this door." She swung the key to open it.

"Focus & remain calm." the man on YouTube said.

"Don't." I said calmly and continued with composure, "Unless you want everyone to see." She stopped mid-way, "I'm meditating in my underwear." I lied. I wasn't wearing anything.

"Focus the attention of your mind on having no thoughts."

Silence. She stood frozen at the doorway but didn't dare sneak a peek. "Shut-up!"

I replied with a humorous smugness, "You will when you see me naked."

"No thoughts."

I faintly heard the sound of retreating footsteps over the voice of the meditation.

"No ambitions."

Finally, I was free. To be with 'me'.

"No worries." Breathe... "No wants."

No wants make you a 'nobody'. What if you're a nobody? Who's dying to be a somebody but isn't that just everybody?

"When you have no thoughts... you are one."

Ajeebजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें