I leave for Siya's school as it is the time to pick her up. I park my car carefully, in between the hustle-bustle of the kids running out of the gates with happy smiles. They remind me of my childhood!

Even though he was the busiest man, my father always used to take his time to pick me up without fail, I used to run to my father grinning while my brother used to carry my bag.
I was a princess then!!

My trance breaks when I hear Siya's voice.

"Mumma," she shouts running to me as a beautiful smile dances on her pink lips and she hugs my legs. "Today I stood first in a painting competition, Mumma," she says as I lifted her in my arms.

"That's a great baby!! Very good," I kiss her cheeks multiple times making her giggle. She pecks me on my lips and grins.

"Well, what do siya want as a gift today?" I stretch the words, singing.

"Beach," she shrieks raising her fist in the air.

I laugh. "You want me to bring the beach to you?" I ask, chuckling. She nods her head vigorously, her piggy tails bouncing on her shoulders and her chubby cheeks jiggling in excitement. "The beach can't be brought to you, Siya. How about we go there-"

"And have an ice cream?" She completes my sentence. I smile and nod copying her actions. She laughs.
Siya loves ice cream very much!!

"Siya," A little boy with cuteness overloaded, must be around 4 years old, reaches us. Siya jumps out of my arms and runs to that boy. Holding his wrist she drags him to me.

"Mumma, he is my friend Kiaan Malhotra and Kiaan, she is my beautiful mom," Siya introduces us, trying to act mature and she is damn cute that way.

I kneel in front of him and smile widely, "Hello, Kiaan. I’m Priya, Siya's mom. You are so cute," I pinch his chubby cheeks which turn pink at my compliment. He is fair in complexion and fat like Siya. His eyes are also exactly like Siya which also reminds me of someone who used to be close to my heart.

"Hello, Priya Aunty. Thank you for your compliment. You look very pretty," he kisses my cheek, hesitantly after fidgeting with his fingers. I chuckle at his antics.
He called you Aunty Priya!?
Oh boy! I’m still 26, that's not close to 30 even. Yeah maybe close but Aunty? No no, at all.

"Thank you, Kiaan but please don't address me as Aunty, honey. Hmm... Call me Priya," I suggest him trying my best to hide my reluctance to be called that.

"Kiaan..." We turn to a feminine voice and find a beautiful lady in her late 20s or early 30s. Her attire is sophisticated and elegant screaming richness.

"Mumma," Kiaan shouts, running to her and he drags the lady to us.

"Priya, she is my mom. Everyone calls her Anu and mom, she is Priya, Siya's mom,” I am sure he will be the best buddy of my Siyu. They are alike.

We both smile at each other.

"Hello, Mrs-" I trail off.

"Mrs Anushka Virat Malhotra," she introduces herself.

"Hello, Mrs Malhotra. I’m Priya" I forward my hand and she covers my palm with hers shaking it.

"Hello, Priya. Please don't be formal. Call me Anushka or Anu," she says with a smile.

"Fine! I'll go with Anu Bhabhi as I am younger than you," I mutter. She nods her head smiling and turns to Siya only to freeze.

Blankness.

"She...she is y..our dau..ght..er?" She stutters. I smile awkwardly and pull Siya to me.

"Yes, she is my daughter," I mumble. She nods her head still staring at siya.