Jade had dropped her gaze by now, already subconsciously submitting to my demand. I could hear gasps come from behind me before they ended in silence. I kept my stern posture and didn't waver my gaze until she finally rolled her eyes and shifted her feet.

"Whatever." She scoffed before walking away, her two shadows not far behind.

I watched them go, a small grumble leaving my lips.

"Nova!" a voice snapped.

My head darted to the new speaker with a growl. Beta Charlie came walking over with a hard stare in my direction.

"Control your wolf," He demanded.

Cel grumbled at him but glanced around at the scene of people standing watching. We cannot afford to release so much of a dominating threat here. I felt her huff a sigh before her claws retracted and I fell back into full control with a sigh.

"Everyone back as you were," He growled.

"Sorry Beta Charlie," I mumbled, glaring at the floor.

"Unfortunately, Nova, I think you should go to your room for the rest of the day until your wolf is not in control." He sighed. "I will deal with Jade."

I felt my shoulders sag, but nodded. "Okay..."

I gave him a small smile and I could see a brief expression of regret cross his features. I understood, though, I couldn't risk my wolf's temper. Turning around, I walked away with my dinner plate and grabbed a drink from the side. Feeling sorry for myself, I slowly made my way back to the confine of my jail-I mean room. I locked the door behind me for extra dramatics.

I sighed and collapsed on my bed, curling into a ball. What was I supposed to do for the next ten hours? Rot away?

After lying around, I ended up falling asleep and when I eventually stirred, my watch told me it was four o'clock. I woke feeling even more unsettled than I did this morning. The itch in my brain was driving me nuts. So, after pacing for ten minutes, I got my paint thins out.

Art always helped control my brain. As I spaced out, I went to another world where time passed quickly.

Setting up my easel, I pulled out a small six-inch canvas and filled up a glass of water. I sat on my dresser chair and stared out my window. The sun was beautiful in the sky, the once rainy clouds had drifted away, leaving a pretty spring day behind.

And so I painted.

My brain wandered the depths of fantasy as my paintbrush worked its way into the white background. I haven't painted in a while. The hassle and stress of moving had meant it all stayed in its confinement. But it felt good, a messy good, but good nonetheless.

Time passed by in a blur and when I finally finished, it was dark outside. I had painted two small pictures. The first one was a vibrant yellow background of a sunrise; beautiful and warming. A promise of a new day. I had drawn a small pack of wolves at the bottom, all gathered in the rays and enjoying the warmth.

The other picture was sunset, vibrant reds and pinks danced along the horizons. But this time, the group of wolves was fearful. The trees in the distance were dark and looming, casting shadows across the field they laid in. Their backs were arched and one cowered behind the rest, in fear of what loomed behind the trees.

I committed them to memory and shrugged off the creepy feeling. I moved my easel to the side of my room so it wasn't obstructing my window seat.

It was eight o'clock and despite not having any dinner; I wasn't feeling hungry. But I unlocked my door and made my way down to the kitchen for a drink. Everyone must've been in their rooms, or the living areas, as I could only hear faint muttering in the distance.