Chapter 33 - Give me a chance

Start from the beginning

"So you're bringing me to your own apartment?"

I looked at him and suddenly grew nervous, because this felt way more intimate.

"Yes."

He took a turn left and we drove into an underground parking area. I was fidgeting with my fingers and chewing my bottom lip, as he stopped the car and turned the engine off. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I shouldn't have left with him. What was I even thinking?

We both got out of the car and took the elevator upstairs. When we reached the top I forgot how to breath as the elevator doors opened and his apartment was revealed to me. It had huge windows that allowed me to gaze over the beautiful night skyline of Seoul and the interior was completely dark themed, which was so Jungkook-like. It felt as if he granted me a view to his own world by showing me his apartment.

Everything fitted his aesthetic so perfectly, especially the black leather sectional on which he sat down. He motioned for me to do the same and I did, but I left some space between us, careful not to let him be too close.

"Now tell me what upset you earlier. Tell me why you kept avoiding me this week and," he ran a hand through his black hair, "tell me why this delivery idiot was there tonight."

He didn't even try to hide his jealousy anymore, showing me that he still cared for me and didn't want anybody else to be with me.

"Chul is my friend. One of my closest friends actually. He had every right to attend my birthday party." I defended him, trying to avoid the other questions.

I didn't like the way Jungkook spoke of Chul with such an arrogant tone. He didn't even know him.

"He sure doesn't act like he's just a friend." Jungkook grumbled and I sighed.

"I didn't agree to come here to argue with you. We already do that too much."

He clenched his jaw, closed his eyes and when he opened them hurt was flashing through them. His whole body was tense, flexing his muscles, distracting me.

"You're right. I'm sorry."

This was the first time he apologized to me without putting up a major fight before doing it and I didn't have to force him to say it either. My heart was bleeding as he looked so broken and exhausted. I knew that it was me, who caused him to be in pain and I couldn't bear it. To make matters worse, he inched closer towards me, put a blanket over my legs and took my hand in his, giving me no chance to escape.

"Why were you crying earlier?" He asked again, not letting it go.

I knew that he had been dying to find that out, since I he had found me kneeling outside in the garden of the restaurant.

"I was overwhelmed with emotions." I said, desperately trying to keep a steady voice.

"But why?" he looked into my eyes, searching for an answer, "Why did you run away from me?"

His voice was merely a whisper at this point. He seemed to be afraid of my answer. I stared at my hands, that were sitting in my lap, fidgeting with each other. His finger touched my chin and then he lifted it up so that I was forced to look at him. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Tell me." he whispered and I gulped.

He was too close. I stood up from the couch and the blanket fell to the floor in one swift motion. My heart was pounding against my chest and I could no longer think straight. Everything in this apartment smelled like him. It intoxicated my senses.

"I can't do this. I'm sorry. I need to leave." I choked out, my voice was shaking.

I ran a hand through my hair and walked over to the elevator doors, frantically trying to get away from him.