Chapter 21 - Drive to Busan

Jungkook's POV

„I'm going to tell her on this trip." I told Jimin as we were driving to Aera's apartment to pick her up.

„I don't get why you didn't do that already when you slept over at her place." he said.

„Because she was on a date with Chul that day and I didn't want to ruin the moment when we were cuddling. It was just not the right time but at least I know now that there is a slight chance that she might have feelings for me too."

I sighed and parked my car in front of the building Aera was living in.

„I'm just afraid that she doesn't feel the same way about me as I do about her or that she likes Chul."

„That delivery guy?" he asked.

I nodded my head.

„Trust me he is no competition for you, Kookie."

He looked at me with an encouraging smile. I ran a hand over my face, feeling kind of exhausted.

„I just feel like a shy teenager all over again with Aera. It's frustrating." I said.

„Kiss her and find out that way, if you're not able to find the right words to tell her." he shrugged.

"I don't know. I might just treat her to dinner and tell her then."

"I think, you should just do it and not think about it too much."

Jimin patted my back before we both got out of the car to get Aera. She was already waiting for us in the hallway with a brown suitcase by her side, wearing a green tracksuit. I put my bag on one of the backseats, so that her suitcase fit in my trunk next to Jimin's stuff. He let her sit in the front, which made me happy, because that meant I could hold hands with her while driving if she let me.

"Can I be in charge of the music?" Aera asked as soon as we hit the road.

"Sure." I answered while I saw the sad look on Jimin's face through the rear view mirror.

I knew that he had created a whole playlist for this trip but I couldn't say no to Aera. A song called 'Should've been us' by Tori Kelly came on and I immediately began to tap my fingers on the steering wheel with it. Aera started to sing the lyrics with Jimin but as soon as he discovered that she was a horrible singer he burst into laughter.

I loved the bright smile she had, while she screamed her lungs out. At this point she wasn't even trying to hit the notes and missed up on purpose. It didn't bother me though, because she was so cute. She played a lot of popular songs and we all sang along to them. The funniest thing was when she tried to rap to a Nicki Minaj song. She was off beat the whole time and mumbled most of the words because it was too fast for her but Jimin and I still hyped her up and danced to the song as much as it was possible.

"Have you ever been to Busan before?" Jimin asked, while Aera turned the volume of the music down.

"No, my parents rarely took Eunjoo and me on vacations. We  only went to Jeju island once. That was a lot of fun." she answered and smiled absently.

"Jeju island is beautiful." Jimin confirmed from the backseat.

"Do you like the beach?" I asked her a question now, because I wanted to know where I should take her first.

"Yes, of course. I would often sit by the ocean when I wasn't feeling well in Los Angeles. It always put me in a better mood."