Chapter 7 pt. 2

Disclaimer: I don not own foods wars or Hell's Kitchen

Y/N's P.O.V.

As the women started to walk up with here dish I could tell that she was a very confident person, but there were a few flaws in her character that reacted oddly with me. She while having a confident look, also showed that she was very prideful. Since I was too busy observing her movements, I didn't realize that she had placed down the dish in front of Gordon and I.
.
G: "Okay so please explain this dish please."
.
???: "So what you have in front of you is a Beef Bourguignon, with sautéed mushrooms and carrots, with a reduction, and garnished with a sprig of thyme, along with some cauliflower."
.
I look at the dish, and saw that she had over cooked the beef maybe by at least thirty seconds, but overall it was a nice looking dish. I grabbed a fork and testing how firm the beef was by pressing down on it and then releasing the pressure. The fork didn't bounce back that fast so it was a little over cooked like I had said before.
.
Y: "Okay so just from looks alone this is a very well played dish, the only thing that I would like to point out is the fact the you cooked the beef a little too long. I tested that by doing the fork test, it usually allows me to see how firm the meat is."
.
???: "Okay."
.
I grabbed the same fork, a knife and cut the meat to see how it tasted, but the fork glided through the meat halfway then the knife did the rest of the work. I picked up a piece of the meat, and place it in my mouth and chewed, the taste was missing something, but I couldn't tell what it was until Gordon tried it too.
.

G:*look at the chef while chewing, and then spits it out* "Okay, so on presentation alone you have a solid base, and the food looks amazing, but the taste was off, what kind of a reduction did you use for this?"
.

???:"Chef I used a beef stock reduction with a little red wine."
.

So that's what it was you don't add wine to a Beef Bourguignon. The wine got burnt due to the pan they use being too hot.
.
G: "You fucking donkey you have ruined the Beef Bourguignon! You single handedly ruined the fucking flavors! All I could taste was burnt wine, hell I bet that the sewage here taste better than this shit!"(I don't know if this is true, but go along with it.)
.

I looked at the young women with a disappointed face as her bravado, was better than her cooking. I really had high hopes for her, and I hoped that she would be able to impress me with her dish, but all it left me with was a empty stomach.

.

"Get out of my face, and take this plate of shit with you as well. And if this is the best that you got, you should turn in your jacket, and leave Hell's Kitchen." I said in a powerful yet stern tone while pushing the plate back towards her.

.

After a little while of arguing with the contestants on their dishes being better than my judgement. I was ready to flip the fucking table onto the next contestant that gave me shit. I glanced over at Gordon to see him holding his finger to his lip with a scowl on his face. I turned my attention from Gordon to the last contestant that had yet to have their food critiqued.

"You, you know how you are get up here already, and tells us about your dish. And I swear if it is as bad as the other than Gordon, my friend you might as well end the season here." I said with annoyance plastered all over my visage.

The man walked up and placed his plate down which contained some classic southern comfort food. The plate had Fried chicken, collared greens, mashed potatoes, and was smothered in gravy. It also look the most appetizing so far.

"No need to explain the dish just tell us how you made all this in about an hour." I said in a calm voice as Gordon continued to watch.

???: I mixed together a dregs for the chicken, and double fried them to get the chicken nice, and crispy. While the mashed potatoes are a classic southern staple, so I couldn't just mess it up now, could I? And the collared greens were placed in a pan, and sweated down then place on the plate. The gravy is just your normal run of the mill brown gravy. I found that the gravy fit this classic better than white gravy.

I looked at the chicken a just cut a piece, and placed it into my mouth, and I just began to chew, and relish that this chicken was the best meal of tonight.

"Okay no matter how this would have turned out, you my good sir have made the most delicious fried chicken, I have ever tasted. And you were completely right on your choice of gravy, because it fit perfectly in this dish, and the mashed potatoes, are nice, airy, and has a smooth texture to it. You also had a good idea sweating down the collared greens, as that is something that is a good sign of a good chef. So no matter the case you have the best dish of the night from me." I said while listing off multiple compliments about the dish that he had placed in front of me.

???:"Thank you chef." Said the man.

"Go back in line with your head held real high."

???:"Yes chef" Said the man as he went back in line.

G: "Okay, as you can see Y/N has named Derek the winner of this competition, so go back to the dorms, and get ready for tonight, and Derek grab a few of your close friends, either on the girls or the boys, to take with you. Y/N and I have given you the honor of dining with both of us before he has to leave back to Japan in a few hours, so tick tock time is moving."