𝟾-𝙼𝚢 𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚋𝚒

Start from the beginning

Besides he was resting in his cell when I saw him.

After a few silent moments of processing; I composed myself, and took a deep breath, "What was his name?" I asked in a sigh; wondering if it happened to be anyone that I knew.

He turned his attention behind him to other cops who were still conversing with my boss, "The victims name was Carl right?"

They all looked at us, and Kenobi nodded, "Yes," He responded, before his eyes shifted to me; barely noticing my arrival, not that I blame him, "Morning (y/n)." He motioned his head in a greeting, with a half smile; distinctly upset by these twisted events. Although a staff death isn't entirely unusual in a place like this, I wouldn't say it's common either, "We'll have a discussion in your office about this after your session."

"Yes sir," I nodded politely while he went back to his discussion with the police. Most places would shut down when it came to something like this, but not an institution; this job isn't something you can put on hold. Murder or not. "So what's gonna happen now?" I asked Jackson; if anyone is going to know the procedure going forward, it's him.

"For now," He stepped closer to me, and I resisted the urge to back away. I may be talking to him, but it was for the sake of information. I was still hurt and upset over what he did; 'things will get better' my ass, "There's extra security posted on each floor right now, as well as double the security at night. And there's a section on the fifth floor that remains off limits until the CSI clears it." He informed me; raising his hand slowly so he could gently caress the bruise on my chin, "So just go about your day as normal, and I'll tell you anything new that I learn; and try not to be afraid, you'll be safe."

I nodded; backing away from his touch, and he solemnly dropped his hand down, "I work with murderers all day, it takes a lot more to scare me." Plus the extra security has eased some of my worry. Especially if who did it happens to not be who I'm somewhat suspecting.

"True," He sighed; he's always hated my job choice, but that's one thing I never allowed him to dictate, "But this one might be on the loose, we're not sure if it was a patient who did it or not, so just be careful." He placed his hand on my shoulder, and squeezed it to try and be comforting, "And a detective is going to come by soon, and speak to all of the staff to rule you out as suspects."

I side-eyed his hand that was touching me, before looking back up to his eyes, "Yeah, I figured."

He took the hint by the glare I gave him, and removed his hand from my shoulder, "Did you happen to know him, or if he had any enemies?"

I shook my head, "No, I hardly know any of the guards here." My attention is solely reserved for my patient, I hardly gave myself time to make any friends here. Except for a very small amount; who happen to be the guards that escort Anakin daily, it's usually the same ones each time, so I've talked to them here and there.

He smiled, "Good girl, I don't need you giving your attention to any other guys." He chuckled at his joke.

Although I knew he wasn't actually joking. He was an incredibly possessive, and jealous man. I forced a smile while he chuckled, "I should get to my patient now, he's probably waiting."

"I'll walk you there," He offered, "It'd be nice to see where you spend most of your time now."

I was hesitant, but I knew that saying no wasn't actually an option. It sounded like an offer, but it was more of a demand, "Sure." I responded, darting my eyes away from him.