2 - curiouser and curiouser

Dear Ms. Nymeira,

I have no idea how you predicted this, but here I am, sitting down to write this at exactly 4:24 PM on Monday. Before you ask, the coffee was delightful. I hope this isn't too forward of me to call you by your first name, but feel free to call me by mine. Mr. Park sounds like my dad, and quite frankly that'll give me a headache not even my strongest potions can get rid of.

I've been pondering your letter for quite some time now, and while I'm sure you already know I'll accept, I have so many questions. You mention losing your sight, yet you decide to write me a letter instead of calling? Do you not have a phone? How can you even write? Your penmanship is excellent, by the way. Much better than my chicken scratch at least. The glittery pink ink is a nice touch too. I'm afraid my half-used bic pen isn't as pretty but alchemy is all about working what you have!

Honestly, I'm surprised you contacted me. I know there a few other alchemists in the city. Maybe not better alchemists but certainly more well known. I'm not sure if your grandma told you, but my shop is...tiny. And cramped. And in an alleyway. Not really prime placement, but hey, it offers a bit more privacy for my clientele. I'm a one man operation. Your case, while curious, seems complicated and time-sensitive. I'm not sure how well I'll do. If you're willing to take this risk, I will gladly help you. In fact, I'll do it for free! I won't lie, my bank account might be more than a little overdrawn, but this is a more than intriguing case. I've never heard anything like it, and I've heard a lot of things. I once had a guy come in who was secreting a slime like a slug. The worst part was that the goo didn't come off for weeks. You don't want to know how many cleaning supplies I went through. Turns out it was a manifestation of a strong liquid influence mixed with weak aether ties. In layman's terms, the man hadn't grounded himself and attuned to the natural leylines and instead only worked with water. When I say "only worked with water," I mean exclusively  water. If you asked him to light a candle, he had no idea! It was hilarious. Well, not for him. He was very upset. He's fine now, though. At least, he hasn't got the same issue. Maybe he's got something else going on. I wouldn't know.

Anyways! Ramblings aside, I agree it'd be best to meet in person. I'll be able to get a better idea of your symptoms that way. Hawthorne park is only a short walk away from my shop, so we can meet up there. Thursday at 2:00 pm sounds about right to me. Though, you might know better than I do about what time it's actually going to be. I hope you won't mind all the questions I'm bound to have. They'll be related to your condition, or at least, some of them will.

Signed,

Felix, Not Mr.Park