Kashish sat on the bed, her eyes on him as he narrated the event. He pulled the chair by the desk and turned it around, sitting on it with his chest againt the backrest, with his elbows propped up, facing Kashish.

For some very odd reason, Kashish found the entire thing sexy. She tried to focus on his eyes which had a subtle glow, as he spoke.

"Mom had actually rung me up on the work mobile phone. It was obviously not on silent. On the contrary it was a full volume. In the pin -drop silence of the room a cacophony of a ringtone blared."

"Omg! What did you do?"

"I went rigid and the SP was looking at me with the most irritated expression ever. I knew, I was going to spend the next month or even more in some remote village. He then asked me, who was calling."

"I took the phone out and went red with fear as it was mom. I was just staring at the screen when he snatched the mobile phone from my hand and looked at the screen. Then suddenly, his anger faded and he asked me to go take the call and come back quickly."

"That's so sweet!" Kashish smiled.

"Well, now that I look back, I find it endearing. But back that day I was furious on Maa."

"-but then it's not her fault too, she was worried." She remarked.

"Yeah," He replied, "but from that day, I have immense respect for SP Sir, although he can really be worse than our trainer at the Police Academy."

"What about your sisters, how are they doing?" 

"They're doing well. Oorjha Di is always busy with kids and Disha is well, busy at the hospital."

"So did the three of you decide to cover all major profession fields or was that decided by your parents?"

Virat smiled. "No... I guess we ended up being too different from each other. I mean it. Oorjha di was a science freak, and I hated science. Disha liked science so for her Oorjha di was a blessing in disguise. But me, damn, she was a Hitler."

"How come,you don't call Disha Di ? I mean she's elder to you too, right?"

"Guess, the three year gap doesn't count but the eight years one does." He jested.

Kashish smiled, she was about to ask more about his family when her phone rang. "It's mom!" She said before picking up the call.

"Hi Maa!"

"Nothing was just..." She looked at Virat, "working." She listend to her mother going on about giving a break to work and calling Virat once a while to understand him better. 

Virat had walked put of the room to give her privacy. Kashish simply let her mother go on instead of lying. 

"How is everything there?" Was all she had to say to divert her mother to talk about the wedding and how she should have attended as well.

Wrapping up the call within seven minutes she stepped out of the room to find Virat sitting on the stairs, typing away on his phone. She had barley taken two steps towards him when he glanced over his shoulder. 

"Hey!" She greeted, awkwardly.

"Mothers!" He sighed, getting up.

"So you'll be okay, right?"

"What?" Kashish asked confused.

"I meant, uh, no bad dreams, right?"

Kashish's face grew pale at the mention of it. She hoped she didn't. She glanced at him, "hopefully not, don't get startled if I wake up with a shriek." She spoke, as they began walking towards the rooms whose doors were angled at as ninety degree.