52

——————Los Angeles, California.

——————————-Khalid's Condo, 11: 00pm

" I'm worried about Father" Sophia said as we set the plates for brunch. She had already gone over to the mansion and brought some mother's things here. " He'll be fine" I answered. " He won't be fine, he's letting guilt eat him up and it is not right, he isn't to blame for anything at all, no one is to blame, he's all alone in the house what if he commits suicide like Grandpa did" I couldn't have her break down. Kimberly needed a strong woman for a mother. " Sophia, Brandon is a strong man"

" You didn't see him, even I didn't see him. He didn't let anyone into the study, he locked himself up and who knows what he doing to himself" She said as she sat down on a dining chair in the kitchen.

" we need to find a way to fix all of this, we need to, the only person I feel can fix everything is Faryah, you guys hurt her enough and now we're all paying for it" she added as she placed her intertwined hands on her forehead. " yes you're right, that's why I'm leaving to bring her back on Monday" I said and sat on a chair beside her.

" Who're you bringing back?" We heard Mother ask as she came down the stairs.

" Faryah" I said and watched her sigh. " we really need to settle things with her" Mother said as she walked to sit down on the chair in front of us. " Your father needs serious help as soon as possible, him feeling guilty won't bring his father back and it won't change where we are now, he needs to understand that. You know since when your grandfather died he hasn't been himself" Mother said as she looked around the table. " you made sweet sauce?" She asked and I nodded. " At least something to make me happy" She was finally smiling.

She left Kimberly with Ethan at home. It was safer for her.

" I'll be going to Malaysia on Monday mother" I said as we ate. " if you want, you can stay back here or you can stay at my place" Sophia added. " No, It's best I follow Khalid to Malaysia, I can be able to free myself from guilt when I see her soon and I can help Khalid bring her home to us" Mother said as she ate her meatloaf. " you want to bring her back?" Sophia asked as she paused her meal. " I'm going to try my best to" I answered. " You know she's engaged right?"

" To who?"

" Khalifa" Sophia answered. His name made me sick. " the boy she was with in the video?" Mother asked again. " let's not say anything about that video" I said and they nodded. " Her engagement isn't valid because she is still very much my wife and I need her by my side" I added. " What if she doesn't want to be with you anymore?" Sophia asked. " Faryah loves me, I'm her first and only love, she can't live a happy life with him because she loves me and we have a daughter together"

" What if she has fallen out of love for you now?, and what if she is head over heels for Khalifa now and she wants to be with him" Sophia answered. " I won't let that happen, I love her" I couldn't lose my wife to a damn black man.

" but she might not love you anymore Khalid. If it happens that way you should learn to move on okay?"

"She's right son, you can never force someone to love you" Mother added. They were all concerned about my happiness but my happiness was Faryah. I needed her so she could light up my world like she used to.

" I can't lose her" I said as I dropped my fork on my plate. " prepare yourself for it" Sophia said as she ate some rice.

I didn't want to. I wasn't going to lose my wife.